ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Components/Door Speakers that provide the most bass

1.2 16v clio
Hey all,

I am looking to replace the orginal door speakers, but am trying to find a set that provide some bass. Went into Halfords today to have a play with some that they have on the shelf but the guys in there seemed pretty clueless to be fair.

I already have some Infinity 6x9's in the parcel shelf which are fairly bassy but am looking to get some speakers with a 'kick' for the front too.

Any ideas?

1.2 16v clio
cheers mate...am having a look on car audio direct now (im like a kid in a sweet shop haha)

182, 6r GTi
im after the same thing realy is just abit pricey. but when i fitted my vibe 1200watt sub the base was verry good and speakers seemd better to i dont know why tho lol

1.2 16v clio
Yeah looking at the websites you seem to get what you pay for....looks like I will have to save a bit first and get some proper decent speakers....would love to have a sub but reall need the boot space

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
id go for focals. had them in my williams, ampd with a audison amp. but they cost, iirc £220 for the speakers and £250 for the amp.

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
I've paid about £60 on:
- FLI front + rear door speakers.
- FLI tweeters.
- Had a Fusion amp given me.
- FLI 1200w sub.
And thats all pretty punchy.
Even without the sub.

Wouldn't put tweeters in though, unless they're really good ones...

Stripped yozza'd cup
Focals are fantastic, but for some bassy components, I'd go for JL audio.

And as said, they 100% have to be amped, but even more importantly, sealed properly and sound deadened.

Ph1 - 172
If you want good bass in the front then you need to amp some good quality componants but you may feel that this is still not enough without a sub in the car. Door speakers are never really great at providing that thumping bass unless you spend loads.

My advice would be to replace the fronts with something like Rockford Fosgate, Kicker, JL etc and then look for a nice little 8inch sub. I had one fitted a few weeks back that only took up around an 1/8 of the boot space.

If you did just want to go with door speakers, make sure that your doors are sound deadend with something like Raamat or Dynamat.

I would advise you to stay away from halfords most of them are useless and they tend to be a tad pricey for stuff.