ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Computer has given up the ghostm, looking at maybe getting an iMac

Hey guys,

Basically me trying to juftifying the cost of an iMac. My computer has just given up the ghost (Q9300 processor, 8800gt, 4gb ram) and im looking at getting an iMac. Not much of a big gamer nowadays but my 3 most played PC games (Starcraft, Warcraft and Footy Man) are able to be played on a Mac.

Wouldn't mind a Mac neither so I continue with my iPhone app programming.

The dilemma I have got is getting a Mac which is better specced then my current system which leaves the 27' quad core model (not too fussed about making it into an i7). The cost for it however is astronomical (my current machine cost me £400 a few years ago!) Due to various discounts and the like I can get it for £1.2k. Or would it be worth going for the lesser 27' model? The 21' is a bit too crappy spec for my liking.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
when you say your pc has given up....with that kind of spec, i'm very surprised, lower specced than that and i can't justify any upgrade let alone binnin over a grand.

when you say your pc has given up....with that kind of spec, i'm very surprised, lower specced than that and i can't justify any upgrade let alone binnin over a grand.

Thought the graphics card had popped, but then my keybaords screen started flashing and going mad. Then got the bluescreen of death and now windows won't boot. Really cba with trial and error to find what the problem is