ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Converted The G/F

RB 182
My G/F had a MINI Cooper when i met her, and a few months ago traded up to a absolutely mint Cooper S with alot of options, but she doesnt like how it drives - to someone who appreciates how a car drives its perfect, the gearbox is really tight and short ratios and the steering gives alot of feel, but shes 5'4 and says its too hard to drive as it tramlines with the 17" wheels.

So, she wants to change it, and she really loves driving my 172 so i suggested a 182 to her, shes just text me saying she either wants the light blue one (Racing Blue) or the red one (Trophy). Im obviously gonna push her towards a Trophy, but see what she finds

Most importantly, im on her policy :rasp:

ST
thumbsupag3.jpg

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I take it its the Supercharged variant?

Id prefer a trophy. Only thing is the Cambelt will be due over the next year so?

TrackCar & F30 330d
I work at the Mini plant in Oxford as an Engineer. I see the Mini every day, liked them at first, but cant stand them now, They drive me up the wall lol.

So yeah wooo, get a Trophy.

:)

alien green rs133
supercharged cooper s, out standing car, but imo they got the weight ballance wrong, they put a battery in the boot to try and counteract the problem but it didn't fix it, get it on 16's ditch the run flats and it'll make the car 10x better imo

Ph2 172
Quality work mate!

You managed to convert your GF from a reliable, good quality Mini to a unreliable pice of s**t of a Renault. Congratulations mate!

RB 182
Its the supercharged one yeah. Its got 4 new Dunlop runflats on it, and the white 17"s on it so doubt she'd want to 'trade down' to the 16s

She test drove the John Cooper Works the other week and it was just as bad (suprisingly!) plus the dealer was that arragant she walked out

Shes a little girl racer at heart, and i just think a 182 is suited to her more, she want a Leon Cupra but thinks they'll be too big for her

OR

Would anyone steer her towards a 197?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Its the supercharged one yeah. Its got 4 new Dunlop runflats on it, and the white 17"s on it so doubt she'd want to 'trade down' to the 16s

She test drove the John Cooper Works the other week, but the dealer was that arragant she walked out

Shes a little girl racer at heart, and i just think a 182 is suited to her more, she want a Leon Cupra but thinks they'll be too big for her

OR

Would anyone steer her towards a 197?
Depends what she wants from the car. There'll be arguments galore, but IMO (and the guy in PC magazine who's run a 197 for several thousand miles, including track days, and confesses to loving the 197), the Trophy is more fun to drive.
The 197 is better built, better looking, has better brakes, and sounds better. It does feel slower than the Trophy, and the Trophy has better steering.
I'd still have a Trophy though. (As an all rounder, I'd have the Cooper S over a 182FF, but the Trophy really is a better car than the 182FF)

Clio 182 with Cup packs
I went to buy a Cooper S, was ringing people about a 182 before I left the garage!

Didn't like the power delivery or the ride - on the 17" rims added by the marketing department. And the speedo in the middle was just annoying. All for about 60% more than the Clio.

Oh, and the boot space is sh*t in the Mini, can't get a pushchair in there like you can in the Clio - not a major concern but it's made my life a lot easier on a couple of occasions like when my nice reliable BMW was off the road !

The fact that we ran out of fuel on the test drive in the Mini and the guy spent 10 minutes arguing with his boss - on my phone! - about why we'd deviated from the normal test route - a big loop of 4 straight A roads! - before they sent someone out to find us - who was the worst driver I've ever sat in with! - had nothing to do with me telling them thanks, but no thanks. Honestly. I just much preferred the Clio as an all-round package, so good on ya fella.