ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coolant leak

2003 1.2 billabong
i drove to kingston yesterday to see a friend and when i got there i noticed the coolant tank was empty. She hadn't overheated at all so i filled her up and drove back that night. Today when i started my car i could literally hear the car spit out some water as it started, i had a look under and there was a slight puddle, it seemed to be coming from under the airbox. Any ideas ?

Its 2003 1.2 16v

Thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Thermostat and housing is a one piece plastic unit on the 1.2 and it goes brittle which allows the seal to go inside the housing and causes the leak.

100% needs a new stat which will come with a new seal.

2003 1.2 billabong
Thermostat and housing is a one piece plastic unit on the 1.2 and it goes brittle which allows the seal to go inside the housing and causes the leak.

100% needs a new stat which will come with a new seal.

thanks alot guys, it's a simple enough job isnt it ? just bolt on bolt off , refill coolant and bleed ?

what am i looking at for a stat, housing and gasket ?