ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant over max?

Just got my car back from renault garage, went in to get coolant change as was advised that it was not safe.

Had a look at it and it looks exactly te same colour, sort of yellow, thought it was meant to be green colour?

It also is way above the max mark almost at the top hose connection, is this gonna be a serious problem?

cheers

monaco 172
Yeh because when the engine gets hot the water expands and the level will rise so if it goes too high then I'm not sure what will happen lol but there's a max for a reason.

I'd empty it give it a flush and replace with some halfords advanced red coolant or the green Renault stuff.

Sorry I didn't read it properly.

Was it a proper Renault garage? Surely they would use the green type d stuff? Also they might not have bled it so the level may drop as the air finds it's way out

Last edited:
Its like a rave ultra violet green/yellow... new looks more yellow than green if i can remeber...

Get a syringe and suck some out, do not get a pipe and use your mouth though ;) mates dad had a swig of coolant by accident and found himself waking up in hospital...

I, was a proper renault garage, dont know if im just being paranoid.

Just thought that they would know what they are doing, drain, flush, then fill accordingly! Is the clio a self bleeding or do you need to do it manually?

Might just be the light, might wait til morning and check again, colour and level! Defo wont be taking a swig;)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol at Renault garage knowing what they are doing.

I hate doing mine cos it's bubbles out eveywhere when the stat first opens.

Its like a rave ultra violet green/yellow... new looks more yellow than green if i can remeber...

Get a syringe and suck some out, do not get a pipe and use your mouth though ;) mates dad had a swig of coolant by accident and found himself waking up in hospital...

Trying to syphon it out via a straw FTL. I did the exact same thing and got a gob full of it lol.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I bought my coolant from Renault parts and they said NOT to use anything but the Type D or Type C stuff