ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Could this be the uch?

Renault Clio 182
So…. Lots of threads on hazard switches so i’ll start by saying i have searched high & low but can’t find anything with the same fault…. Normally a new switch sorts it.

My hazards don’t work. Indicators work fine. I have replaced the switch with a new one- no change. Removed the stereo… wiring seems ok there. Fuse is ok as the indicators work. The hazard switch is lit with ignition and lights on, but doesn’t flash, no hazard signal on the dash or anything. The car doesn’t appear to have any other electrical issues- all works as it should.

Could it be the UCH? I’m planning on removing it tomorrow to see if there is anything obvious…..

Any other ideas?

MOT is coming up! 😂

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Uch fault most likely - send it off for repair to diesel pump repairs

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The UCH tends to pack up slowly. So it gives you little warnings before it fails properly.
I suspect this is what’s happening here.

Have you given it a whack? A swift clump usually makes it work properly for a few days. 😂

Renault Clio 182
The UCH tends to pack up slowly. So it gives you little warnings before it fails properly.
I suspect this is what’s happening here.

Have you given it a whack? A swift clump usually makes it work properly for a few days. 😂
🤣 I haven’t to be fair… it’s french so im scared it will just break completely…..! Ill get it out tomorrow and report back !

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
🤣 I haven’t to be fair… it’s french so im scared it will just break completely…..! Ill get it out tomorrow and report back !
No need to remove it. Most whack it from underneath. I bet it works after. 😂

Renault Clio 182
No need to remove it. Most whack it from underneath. I bet it works after. 😂
🤣 ok. I’ll give it a slap first.

Lots of treads about them getting damp- how are they getting moisture inside? Is it a known area of water ingress or just atmospheric? If it is the issue and i get it fixed- worth sealing it up with mastic????

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
🤣 ok. I’ll give it a slap first.

Lots of treads about them getting damp- how are they getting moisture inside? Is it a known area of water ingress or just atmospheric? If it is the issue and i get it fixed- worth sealing it up with mastic????
The scuttle drains block up and water can get in to the cabin.

But honestly, it’s just poorly made and the solder joins crack. A decent repair man (like @Brigsy pointed to) will have it as good as new in 24h. Be reet. 👌🏽