ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cracked Screen on 3GS

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Has anyone ever punched their phone when Chelsea equalise only to find the 3GS screen isn't as tough as first thought?

Yeah, me too.

So, I ordered a digitiser glass screen from eBay, which was £7 complete with fixing kit and tools. Tried to fit it earlier then realised it would take ages and I couldn't be arsed with all the fuss. I just want to take the front off and replace it with minimal effort and pretty low cost. I don't mind all the connectors and slotting them back into their components, as I've already replaced the external speaker a few weeks back, so that isn't a problem.

I've found this : http://www.iphonebits.co.uk/iphone-3gs-digitizer-mid-frame-lcd-complete-front.html

Which is quite expensive but seems like a genuine part, more or less plug and play.

Then there's this : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/iPhone-3GS-LC...essories_RL&hash=item3cb2a7b552#ht_3074wt_903

Pretty much the same kit, but a lot cheaper and looks like a universal item rather than genuine part.

I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and which part to go for?

Cheers.

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
Scutch, tbh if I was you I would go for the cheaper version. Its not a retina display, and I think if they were in any way shabby copies then the guys feedback would be awful. I looked through a few, and all the LCD feedback seems fine....

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
ive had 4 of the cheaper ones in mine and they work fine mate, Im just a clumsy d**k and keep dropping my iphone!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Cheers guys, will save me £30 or so. Will go for the cheap option, like a f*cking cheapskate w*nker.

Right?

Right.