ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed!

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
Even if it was a right off and he dint tell anyone bout mods they will still pay out for them. You have to tell them bout your mods for if your at fault other insurance company will pay out no matter what

Clio 182
Even if it was a right off and he dint tell anyone bout mods they will still pay out for them. You have to tell them bout your mods for if your at fault other insurance company will pay out no matter what

I think you might have just got lucky.. If the accident was the other way round you'd be well and truly fucked

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Thats not right, if you have undeclared mods when you're in a crash regardless of fault its like playing russian roullette with the insurance companies. You can get lucky and have everything repaired, you can have it safe and just nto have anything repaired or in an extreme situation you could be in the sh*t for driving without a valid insurance cover due to the undeclared modifications.

Its not void because you dont declare them just means they dont pay out for mods. If the mod was the cause of the crash thats differant

VRS
to be fair tho anyone who doesnt declare mods is a muppet imo!

just imagine the ass r*ping your going to get if you accidently hit someone or injure someone and your insurance is void as you didnt declare your mods!

a 6x6 cell awaits! :(

all declared people, im not stupid!

just the hassle of getting it sorted, and if its a write off the haslle of all that! so im hoping when they call tommorow they will tell me its going to be repaired...

M

mini-valver

Andy, thats abit exaggerated! If you injured someone it's hardly your induction kit that caused it!
Mods should be declared but if there not it's unlikely they'd rape you. At worst you'd have to pay the claim, not go to jail!

GOLF GT TDI
it does look that bad from the pics but if the door wont close and things id perpare for the worst could have bent the chassie of sommit

VRS
Andy, thats abit exaggerated! If you injured someone it's hardly your induction kit that caused it!
Mods should be declared but if there not it's unlikely they'd rape you. At worst you'd have to pay the claim, not go to jail!

im taking from a case when a uni mate caught someone with his car, the injured person claimed against him for injuries and the insurance refused to pay out due to invalidated insurance as his mods werent declared, he couldnt afford the amount that was being claimed against him so had to go to court :(

ended up managing to settle in court but he was facing around 3-4months :(

fair enough this is the extreme end of the scale but accidents happen and if you havent got the back up of valid insurance then your leaving yourself balancing on a knife edge

im taking from a case when a uni mate caught someone with his car, the injured person claimed against him for injuries and the insurance refused to pay out due to invalidated insurance as his mods werent declared, he couldnt afford the amount that was being claimed against him so ad to go to court :(

ended up managing to settle in court but he was facing around 3-4months :(
Thats pritty bad

VRS
im not relating this to jordons crash or owt as thats clean cut and hopefully will be sorted soon, im just talking in a more general sense when it comes to not declaring mods

andy

yeah very true though andy.... ive done it from day one.... as was said to me, only do the modification if you can afford to insure it!

VRS
yeah very true though andy.... ive done it from day one.... as was said to me, only do the modification if you can afford to insure it!

:approve: very true matey :)

really gutted about the car as well fella :( i know what its like, i had an encounter last year with a badger and i came off worse :( (well actually i didnt as i mashed the badger lol)

Clio
Lol jordan I cant believe they want you to go to hospital at half 9 at night!!! anyways dude you want to get yourself sorted first, trapped nerves arent good pal, the car will get sorted dude, just hopefully before FCS and I hope you have the buckets by then!!!

Mike

nah no way a write off

whats this about the hosp?!

ive not sorted the CAF yet andy, thinking its a; not long enough and b; need to be on the otherside. either that or in the fog light ;)

jamie

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Its not void because you dont declare them just means they dont pay out for mods. If the mod was the cause of the crash thats differant
who told you that? If its you're insurance company I may have to take cover from them next time...

repair company did not phone me today.... hopefully they will tommorow after its been assessed, still fingers crossed :(

at dover lock on the way back from wigan in abram.... waiting for a lady in front to turn into the pub and bang! corsa straight into the back!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
chav number plate... yeah ok... and you are?

take a look around lad... theyre german plates.... i could name 30 people on here that have them.... ffs.

make sure you get that plate back to a standard plate mate just incase they send accesors arround