ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crazy Tachometer

Renault Clio 1.2 dynamiq
Hey guys,

im having some issues with my tachometer, whilst im driving with my headlights on, all of a sudden the orange lights on the tacho just switch off, then come back when it feels like coming back, i can sometimes hit the top of the dash and it comes back too.

Its probably not rocket science that theres a loose connection sumwer, but how on earth has that happened? Has anyone had this problem before?

Also, how does the dash come off in order to get to the tacho?

DMS

A thirsty 172
Mine did this a few weeks back while I was parking up. It's only ever done it the once though.
No idea why it happened.

Iceburg 172FF
Probably a loose loom going into the back of the instrument panel, follow that guide on google ^ and should be a half hour job if not less.

Renault Clio 1.2 dynamiq
Ok ive removed the dash etc, and played about wida wires dat go into the back of the speedo and its a no result :(

Ive also now realised that when lights on the tachmeter turn off, the rear lights also turn off (but not the headlights)

if i hit the top of the dash hard a few times the tachmeters lights come bak on, and so does the rear lights.

what is causing this? its really bugging me now!

can some one please try and guide me?