ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crossover locations - HELP PLS

Can someone give me a few ideas on where to fit some cross overs? Had the door cards off today - was hoping to drill them in the door somewhere - no chance tho. No room at all for them to fit.

They must be out of sight - i have found a location that will be ok if you guys dont come up with a better one.

Ideas anyone?!?

clio 20v

mine are in the glovebox dont own many gloves so im ok hehe

just drilled a hole in the corner an ran all cables

adi

clio 20v

no really thats the best place i found i tryed evrywhere and its not lazy its takes fukin ages getin wires from inside of car through to the door

adi

MIne are mounted on plastic interior panels just infront of each door. Makes it easy to wire everything up.

i put mine inside the doors, as u said i took the door cards off, then just stuck them to the inside lip at the bottom of the door. dont get in way of windows opening and totally out of sight. sorted!

Quote: Originally posted by Pete-W on 10 August 2003

i put mine inside the doors, as u said i took the door cards off, then just stuck them to the inside lip at the bottom of the door. dont get in way of windows opening and totally out of sight. sorted!
pete - i dont think you have seen the size of these crossovers, there the momo ones, id never get them in the doors..

What year is your clio? Mine is 1994, and I found that if you unscrew the speaker covers on the dash, there is enough room to fit the cross-overs. I then fitted the tweets on brackets where the original speakers were, and cut out spacers to fit the mids in the doors. You going for some big sounds?

thats a fair point Dno194 - having thought about it i think there maybe room to fit them behind the tweeters. I just finished fixing the tweets sunday and there is a fair bit of room just behind.

i fixed the mids in the doors sunday - used an MDF plate to screw them into, alittle tricky but its done now. All thats left is the wiring and re-fitting of the seats

Ill give it ago - as for the install, im not going for big sounds. Just a good SQ setup.

cheers

dont you have to take out the factory fitted crossovers first????? im sure there are some somewhere cause of the tweeters in the dash already!

There are some factory crossovers in there (just behind the tweets in the dash) looks more like a relay box then a crossover. Anyway i just unplugged the tweets. I couldnt rip out all the wiring becuase im having to use the OEM speaker cable in the doors. This is becuase Renault have decided to use a clip in the door frame so i cant get my aftermarket cable from the doors in to the car!!

how f**king stupid!