ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSS 2014 Convoy

Hi all,

Cliosport Saturday is close now, hopefully you're all looking forward to it?

As per, there will hopefully be a convoy heading down there, for anyone who wants to travel as a group, which is always fun.

I won't be going, as I'll be in Spa, watching the Belgian Grand Prix, so if anyone wants to volunteer and lead a convoy down, I'll be happy to help organise it.

Full show details are here.

If anyone has any questions or wants any suggestions of meeting places, just let me know.

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
I'll help out with the convoy :)
I'm in Burnley so would be going along the m65 to the m6, so will pass most of the places the NW lot meet at.
Just a bit busy today, will be free once daughters gone to bed later to post more.

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
Hmm, it's kind of going straight past where we need to go lol. Not sure if everyone would want to do that for the sake of the last half hour drive, but will see what people say if we get any reply on here, if majority say yes I'm happy to include it in :)
I suggest going on the toll road perhaps? Last time we went down there it was dead, was such an easy drive all the way along!
Eddie would you mind sending out a mass pm to anyone you know is from NW? Would help for quicker responses

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Hmm, it's kind of going straight past where we need to go lol. Not sure if everyone would want to do that for the sake of the last half hour drive, but will see what people say if we get any reply on here, if majority say yes I'm happy to include it in :)
I suggest going on the toll road perhaps? Last time we went down there it was dead, was such an easy drive all the way along!
Eddie would you mind sending out a mass pm to anyone you know is from NW? Would help for quicker responses

Obviously I don't know your route, but the location was organised around a couple of routes I did know of. Just let me know if you decide to meet up with us.

Last minute and I've decided to come, I'll be heading down from South Manchester (Stockport).

Any plans on meeting up with other areas, I remember last year meeting at Corley services and there was a fair amount meeting. Obviously this being a change of scenery, any ways of us meeting with others. No doubt you'll pass my area Liamm, haven't even looked on the route I'd be taking.

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
Nobody seems to be replying so not sure who's meeting where lol. Was the same last year too I think. I think NW is the quietest section out of us all!
Iirc most people met at Knutsford the other year?, to save having to stop at all the services, and a few just waited till we were close by then joined on the motorway.
Need to figure out a time to set off, but if I'll only be meeting 1 or 2 people guess it won't need to be early lol

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
I've decided I'll just drive to corley and meet people there lol.
Unless someone replies back today that they wanna meet anywhere further north.

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
The west mid lot are meeting there but they haven't confirmed a time yet. If I know what time they're meeting I can get a time for me to set off lol

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
Lol that's what I'm kinda waiting for. No defined times for meets haha, last minute normally pays off then hardly anyone drops out.

I'm thinking 7.45am at Knutsford then set off about 8am. Go down the toll and it's 1 hr 15 ish to corley. That'll make it 9.15, then set off from corley about 9.30 which will take 45 mins. 10.15ish arrival.
Sound any good? Lol

Titanium 182
I'm up for meeting wherever you guys are. Chorley services the one between Horwich and chorley? What time are you meeting? Are you taking the tool route or going around it if I'm on about the right motorway?

Titanium 182
Sorry misread what you guys had been saying haha, if you're up for meeting in the morning I will meet you guys at knutsford services if you like otherwise I'll just end up heading straight down to Corley

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
You're welcome to meet us there buddy :)

Knutsford 7.45am, then down the m6 toll to Corley where hopefully everyone else will be haha

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
So nobody is meeting at Knutsford now? Lol.
I'll just set off about quarter past 7 then and take it easy down to Corley then