ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

css saturday (comeon guys)

clio 182 (modified)
me an addicted are meeting to go to css 9am my house in kidderminster dy10 3xh does ny 1 else fancy coming along on our route?????....regards darren

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Its a bit off route for me as i`m coming from juction 10,m6,going on my lonesome though so might see you on route.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
I may be up for this, I live just outside Stourbridge so easy enough for me to detour. Need to get a few more people though if possible!

Inferno Orange 182
hi mate, I wasnt originally going to come due to a clash with a family event but wtf. I am going to be coming from Worcester so i'll pop up the dual carriageway and hook up with ya

Inferno Orange 182
whatevers best for you guys...planning on going motorway or cutting through Alcester and taking the country roads?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I would suggest meeting at Frankley Services South and go M5, M42, M40 down to Oxfordshire.

Gates open at 10:30 and bing directions reckons its approximately 40 mins from Frankley to Gaydon...so if people want to meet circa 9:00-9:15 for a 09:15 departure time, we can go in a convoy..if people want to.

clio 182 (modified)
I would suggest meeting at Frankley Services South and go M5, M42, M40 down to Oxfordshire.

Gates open at 10:30 and bing directions reckons its approximately 40 mins from Frankley to Gaydon...so if people want to meet circa 9:00-9:15 for a 09:15 departure time, we can go in a convoy..if people want to.
great idea donny im up for that...say 9.00 am at frankley then?.....sorry to take control donny just looking to get involved dude

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
great idea donny im up for that...say 9.00 am at frankley then?.....sorry to take control donny just looking to get involved dude

Relax fella, I have just put the suggestion forwards, its personal preference as to who wants to do what. :)

If we have a 15 minute window (09:00 - 09:15) and take a steady drive, then its sorted. We can also swap numbers between now and Friday night (via PM!) if people want to, then at least we can keep in touch as I'll be doing M43, M6, M5 to get to Frankley and will have a new phone...so might have to search out decent Android apps for Sat Nav! ;)

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Is there a maccies at Frankly? All road trips should start with a maccies breakfast... ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Is there a maccies at Frankly? All road trips should start with a maccies breakfast... ;)

No mate, thats much further down the M5 (Strensham Services I think)...nearest one is M5 J2 (Oldbury by Toys R Us), don't know about after Frankley though.

clio 182 (modified)
Relax fella, I have just put the suggestion forwards, its personal preference as to who wants to do what. :)

If we have a 15 minute window (09:00 - 09:15) and take a steady drive, then its sorted. We can also swap numbers between now and Friday night (via PM!) if people want to, then at least we can keep in touch as I'll be doing M43, M6, M5 to get to Frankley and will have a new phone...so might have to search out decent Android apps for Sat Nav! ;)

Cool donny my number is 07855 420022

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'm unsure what to do, both of your locations are a good 30min extra on the route that i'd take!
How about stopping briefly here: (is this Junction 1 M42?) http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr...w;FYPlHgMdgMrg_w&mra=mi&mrsp=2&sz=18&t=h&z=17
There's a big car park just off the junction below!

That way i can just tag along with you people if i meet you there!

Is there a big enough bridge that you can sit in the car on and wait till you see us coming at that junction?

If not, one of us can call you when we're approaching J1 of the M42 and you can drop down onto the motorway then (as we don't want to keep stopping...as more stops = more delays and potential for things to go wrong increases)?

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
There's going to be one, possibly two of my mates coming and we'll be heading to Frankley SB at 9.00am from Halesowen McD's :)

Can whoever's organising it and meeting there drop me a PM with their number just in case we're running late/break down etc

Cheers

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
There's going to be one, possibly two of my mates coming and we'll be heading to Frankley SB at 9.00am from Halesowen McD's :)

Can whoever's organising it and meeting there drop me a PM with their number just in case we're running late/break down etc

Cheers

Done and see you at Frankley South Services circa 9:00 on Saturday :)

Is there a big enough bridge that you can sit in the car on and wait till you see us coming at that junction?

If not, one of us can call you when we're approaching J1 of the M42 and you can drop down onto the motorway then (as we don't want to keep stopping...as more stops = more delays and potential for things to go wrong increases)?

can do this if you want :) makes it easy, is that ok?
Matt

Inferno Orange 182
Its a few miles out of my way to go up ot jct 3 and turn back but I'll come there anyhow so I dont get lost hahaha...sending you a pm with my mobi number

Inferno Orange 182
yes mate, me and you need to go to junction 3 and turn around to get to it. just spotted from your postcode that you are a stones throw from me. i'm going from my folks house which is just off the bath road in worcester

Inferno Orange 182
yea cheers mate, I pm'd you back. gonna head up to worcester shortly now it looks like the 30 mile traffic jam on the m25 is clearing

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Yeah it was good guys, finally put some faces to names. Sam and I have a load of pics from the convoy up and what not so I'll get some posted up once I've got them on my hard drive

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Gents, was a pleasure to meet you all. Nick, get the pics up in the media section...:)

Thanks for a good day and sorry I couldn't convoy back up North with you all. Until the next time. :approve:

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Should have some photos up soon guys, I'm waiting for them off Sam and he's useless!

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Sorry guys nothing yet. He's honestly useless but I'll be seeing him tomorrow so will pester him for them