ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Flamer - Supercharged, Cage etc

SC Ph1 172 and M140i
Very nice Ollie!

Im considering a supercharger but my only concern with the Rotrex is the lifespan of the charger.

I'll be fitting my Brembos in the next couple of weeks so I'll let you know how they compare. I'll also be making some alloy bells and rotors.

Our Rotrex has been fine for nearly 40k miles :)

Think we missed this one at Oulton last week, will have to look over the footage again!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
So, the car is booked in with Dan late Oct, to have the following fitted;

Rotrex C30 94 Charger
Gen 90 ECU
ktr boost pipes with custom intake
Toyo sport intercooler
Meg 225 injectors
Mocal Oil cooler for charger
Mocal Oil Catch tank

It already has the Meg Pulley, but I'm assuming I need to get new Plugs. @Dan@SJM can you confirm please bud. I also need to source white hoses for the boost pipes, is that doable?

It is then going upto RS Tuning first week of Nov. :)

Rotrex C30 94 Charger
Gen 90 ECU
Toyo sport intercooler
Meg 225 injectors
Mocal Oil Catch tank

It already has the Meg Pulley, but I'm assuming I need to get new Plugs. @Dan@SJM can you confirm please bud. I also need to source white hoses for the boost pipes, is that doable?

Lovely jubly. Bet you can't wait now.

Doesn't Dan do mapping anymore??

Inferno 225 cup
Cracking news Oli, it's going to be a belter.

If I still had mine I'd be joining you, with me having the Megane for some reason Ive not been that bothered about chasing power.

Rotrex C30 94 Charger
Gen 90 ECU
Toyo sport intercooler
Meg 225 injectors
Mocal Oil Catch tank

I'd run Megane ones personally.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You should have kept yours!! Although the Meg is lovely :) I need to sort some better brakes now, but not sure what to go for.

although im not a huge fan of willwood calipers in the main, on light cars like the clio they work quite well, so the jamsport 295mm kit gets my vote, just make sure you specify the F4R pads if you get it, they are really good.

Inferno 225 cup
You should have kept yours!! Although the Meg is lovely :) I need to sort some better brakes now, but not sure what to go for.

I know :( I would buy it back but it don't know how much he wants.

Megane brembo's ;) if that fails I'm sure willwoods would be suitable?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Trouble is, IIRC they only do a 280mm for under a 15, and the 300mm requires a 16?

Just got off of the phone to Hi-spec.

4 pot kit with DS2500, lines and discs is £747.43

If you want 2 piece discs/alloy bells in a 295 kit then its £160 extra

Everything is made to order so calipers can be done in any colour.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You were on about 6 pots though and thats 4 pots you are saying now?

also when looking at costs be careful if they are quoting you ex vat, and also they have a habbit of not including decent pads in the price.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
ok mate, TBH 4 or 6 pot makes no real difference to the performance on such a small disk anyway so it doesnt really matter!

I'd still stick with wilwoods in preference though, just because of the bad customer service people I know have had from hi-spec, although in fairness not recently so maybe they are better now.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Bit of a boring update I'm afraid. Spent some time today in the garage waiting for the loss adjuster from insurance to come around and attempt to mug me off :(

So, swapped the wheels back to the winter set (aka standard 16" alloys with Pirelli P Zeros). Whilst I swapped them over, I had a good look at where it had been rubbing on the track. The answer was everywhere, as you can see! So, I'll need to get it raised up slightly all round, and get the arches rolled at the back I think.

Wheels_zps7bdcd3c9.jpg

Rubbing3_zps47356f0b.jpg

Rubbing2_zps75fa9084.jpg

Rubbing1_zps2d98ec27.jpg

I also investigated the exhaust knocking, which turned out to be this mount. So I need to add that to the list for Dan@SJM to sort ;)

ExhaustMount_zps205f3b9a.jpg

Lastly, I took delivery of both another engine stand, an engine crane and leveller. All from SGS Engineering who deliver next day without fail and IMO offer great prices.

Parcel1_zps11c8c7af.jpg

Parcel2_zpsfb0d3f2a.jpg

Parcel3_zps32babba4.jpg

The reason for these purchases, is this winter there is a Yank project in the domestic garage. Helping the brother in law fit the engine and gearbox from this Miami Vice throwback;

80sMustang_zps6ad27674.jpg

Into this beauty :)

Shakey_zps31e34eee.jpg

Inferno 225 cup
SGS are a great company with great prices, it's where I got my trophy boot struts from, Gray also got his jack and stand from there and the quality looks good.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
SGS are a great company with great prices, it's where I got my trophy boot struts from, Gray also got his jack and stand from there and the quality looks good.

Agreed mate, I have got my jack, crane, leveller and stand from them and all have been high quality, at decent prices and delivered exactly when they said they would. Can't recommend enough to be honest. :)

@Tony Hunter - ORLY. Thanks for the kind offer, can discuss at Cadwell :)

182cup & 172 racecar
Yes, used them before when I was in a photo shoot for some magazine, moving tbe car around the set all day, no effort at all.