ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Culprits for knocking car into Limp mode?

Impreza RB5 #054
Any usual suspects?

Cannot rev past 5500rpm without going into limp mode
A little yellow box with squigly line comes on the dash and i can't rev it past 3000rpm, all i ahve to do is switch the car off and on again and its fine.

Any ideas?

Car is 172 cup

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
My 182 Had they exact same issue mate over xmas, Fault code said problem with throttle sensor so the throttle body was changed. In the end it turned out to be a break in some of the wires in the engine loom, all were repaired and the car has been fine since.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
My 182 Had they exact same issue mate over xmas, Fault code said problem with throttle sensor so the throttle body was changed. In the end it turned out to be a break in some of the wires in the engine loom, all were repaired and the car has been fine since.

I did a search as soon as mine started play up, can anyone point me in the right direction as to which wires fail?

Focus
I did a search as soon as mine started play up, can anyone point me in the right direction as to which wires fail?

I'm no techie so I hope someone explains a bit better, but with mine it was the wires (as you look at the engine) on the left side of the engine block, mine is now covered in black plastic tubing, before a few had come out of the sleeve and were shorting on the engine block, hense the electrical warning light and limp mode. Reading the invoice I got, it was also some wires near the throttle pedal that may of been causing the fault, same thing, shorting themselves.

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
Sorry to steal the thread, but this has just happened to me on the way home.
I've just started using an unofficial iPod wire (the kind you get with an airport connector on a pullstring) with my head unit, seeing as my other one fell to pieces.
Its been fine, more practical if anything, but the odd time, it just turns the whole headunit off, and a few dash lights come up.
It did it tonight, i didn't have my iPod in and then all the interior lights went off on the car. Then it went into limp mode as i was pulling out of a junction, so i had to turn off the ignition and re-start the car.
But now the annoying light is on with the squiggly line, but the car still starts fine. (i hope)
How do i turn it off?

172 CUP
mine does the exact same thing and dont know which direction to go in yet,as i work for a garage but wether we have a code reader for my car is a different question,the square orange light with lines through pops on and down to limp mode,if i switch it off the fault goes?

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
I sorted mine with the fault code reader at the garage.
My coil pack had gone, it was just coincidental that it went at the same time i changed wires.