ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup engine transplant

BG182FF
hi all

quick question for you guys clued up on engines ect.. a friend of mine has blown up the engine in his 51 plate clio 172 (non cup) and claims its going to cost £2k to buy another engine for it. I've seen a clio cup engine selling on here for £400 with ancilliaries, and asked why didnt he buy this and drop it in?

he claims the engines wiring is different :s As far as I was aware the engines in all ph2 172's were the same F4R, only ph1 that were different? My basis being if you dropped all the bits off the cup engine and bolted the non cup bits all on, the engine would be a direct fit.

any input appreciated :)

Lionel Richie
any phs1 or phs2 172 engine will fit and work fine (using the phs2 upper inlet obviously) your mate is wrong

53 Clio's & counting
As said, just unbolt everything off the donor engine, re-use all his current stuff and it will work fine

BG182FF
just a matter of swapping the engine loom over, and the air con bits and pieces? Texted him now, could save a fortune knowing this