ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Race wheels

I have been looking for some road legal slick tyres for the clio cup for a while, but it would appear I cant get them in 195/45/16.

Can you fit a wider size tyre? Or would this rub?

I notice the Clio Cup racer use 15" wheels, and it looks as if the range of rubber is greater in this size.

Would the offset be OK on these?

Any thoughts?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Y0z2a sells slicks etc.

He most commonly gets 15s and 17s. Hence a lot of the guys here run 15" Dynamique wheels or the like.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 15 July 2004

Y0z2a sells slicks etc.

He most commonly gets 15s and 17s. Hence a lot of the guys here run 15" Dynamique wheels or the like.
But does he sell road legal ones?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by davyboy on 15 July 2004

I have been looking for some road legal slick tyres for the clio cup for a while, but it would appear I cant get them in 195/45/16.

Can you fit a wider size tyre? Or would this rub?

I notice the Clio Cup racer use 15" wheels, and it looks as if the range of rubber is greater in this size.

Would the offset be OK on these?

Any thoughts?
I run Yokohama A048R road-legal slicks on 6 x 15 wheels. Offset is ET43, they fit fine.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

172, Tiguan

After having mine on for 3 days they are seriously getting on my nerves. They rumble and whine like you wouldnt believe, tramline all over the place, and you permantly have to use 100% concentration t keep the thing going in a straight line.

I was going to leave them on for Bedford in a weeks time but i fear if it rains in between i might die.

172, Tiguan

well the problem is you cant get them warm enough on the road to work properly.

it also tramlines because the sidewalls have no flex at all.