ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup turinis

Monaco Blue Mk2
I've been let down with the turinis i'd bought. If anyone has any for sale or knows of anywhere I can purchase them preferably second hand in good nick, or at least cheaper than Renault!! please let me know.

Turbos.
The good thing about the Renault ones are that they have a special ET and are also flowformed. Speedline versions are only flowformed if you buy 17"+ versions.

Monaco Blue Mk2
*Suggs* said:
Mine no good to you mate?

I'd want them with the tyres mate but there too expensive for me really. Have you got any pics. If so could you PM me them. I'm considering just adding this months wages onto my budget 'coz I really want some!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i got 3 perfect ones, 1 near perfect (small kerb mark) with 2 as new tyres and 2 not so great but a bit of life left in them tyres for £325.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
cliobuyer said:
The good thing about the Renault ones are that they have a special ET and are also flowformed. Speedline versions are only flowformed if you buy 17"+ versions.

Didn't know the Renault ones are Flowformed.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
They are made differently but Speedline states only on the larger sizes 17" and 18" which is why I was suprised to read that the Renault 16" are Flowformed. Unless its sourced from a review or magazine that states the Turinis are flowformed just because some of them are......

Description of Flowforming:

The high-tech flow-forming process is based on a different concept to normal casting: starting from a cast flange, with a very thick internal lip (about 3 cm) and a narrow rim width, it is possible to produce a complete wheel through heat spreading material on the rims.

This produces a wheel with extraordinary mechanical characteristics combined with very thin rim thickness, in turn allowing very strong yet lightweight wheels.

A flow-formed rim has an average thickness of 2,7 mm against 4,5 mm of a normal cast wheel: an 18 wheel, for example, represents a weight saving of around one kilo, a great benefit in un-sprung weight reduction.

The flow-formed wheel is lighter than a normal aluminium wheel but also has better mechanical characteristics (resistance, elasticity, longevity): these extraordinary features are obtained by a particularly compact crystalline structure of the metallic alloy, similar in structure to wood fibres.