ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Underside of Spoiler pictures please

PerthRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 CUP
Hi squad.

Just purchased a clio v6/trophy spoiler from the Renault sport store.

https://shop.renaultsport.com/RSperformance/bequet-clio-v6-clio-ii-v6-r-s.html

Found a disparity between the sample pictures on the website and the one I have received.
It seems there are 2 red dowls(?) That are missing. Both on the right and left hand side.
I currently do not have a car on hand to reference. As prices for clio 172/182's are unrealistic here in Australia after the virus that shall not be named ran its course. So after selling my last inferno 182 cup. I've just been collecting parts for my next project.

I've found a single sample photo online that had the red dowls. But just want to make sure that's the actually the case.
So people, please share all photos you have of standard spoilers, cup spoilers and v6 spoilers if you have any.
Bonus points for underside shots that show mounting locations, and possibly the red dowls

Images are attached for reference.

Many thanks.

Ben

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230721-192813_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230721-192813_Chrome.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 20230721_185204.jpg
    20230721_185204.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20230721-185314_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230721-185314_Chrome.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 67

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
They're not needed. They're just locators.

The spoiler is held in by the screws on the side

PerthRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 CUP
Ah sure thing.

Do they serve as locating tabs for installation mainly?

Just worried they serve an integral part in the structural integrity.

The spoiler received just seems to be blanked off.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as above absolutely fine without them they just locate it. just make sure its sitting nice and square and all the shut lines are good before giving it a final torque (dont need to go tight with them, seen people crack them)

PerthRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 CUP
Thanks @Martin_172
That's positive news. Want to avoid sending it back to France as much as possible.

On a second thought.
I know the trophy/v6 spoiler requires different gas struts for the boot.
I understand that the 3rd break light used on the trophy/v6 uses the same unit as the non cup packed 172/182's.
Would you happen to know if the connector/plug is also the same with the cup packed cars?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks @Martin_172
That's positive news. Want to avoid sending it back to France as much as possible.

On a second thought.
I understand that the 3rd break light used on the trophy/v6 uses the same unit as the non cup packed 172/182's.
Would you happen to know if the connector/plug is also the same with the cup packed cars?

Edit- mis read thought you wrote cup packed

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks @Martin_172

On a second thought.
Yeah they use shorter gas struts which were apparently a fortune but I'm sure people use a BMW 1 series strut which was cheap and fits, there will be a part no somewhere.

Yeah connection is the same on all the spoilers for the brake lights

PerthRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 CUP
Thanks @Martin_172
Really appreciate your honest answers!
I'll need to find out what bmw struts these would be.
I know of a shop locally that can custom make a set if need be.
Used him for my old 197.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks @Martin_172
Really appreciate your honest answers!
I'll need to find out what bmw struts these would be.
I know of a shop locally that can custom make a set if need be.
Used him for my old 197.
Haven't bought myself, but from previous research, you need 1st generation BMW 1 series bonnet struts. Something like this: