ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cyberpunk 2077

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Didn't the game had to be released in 2020 due to some funding deal they had going with the Polish government?

What they needed to do is have the world etc they have, but they had to at least match the standards for AI set by GTA5, instead they couldn't even match GTA3.

Having stupid AI isn't really a bug tho, it's a more fundamental problem with how poorly parts of the game have been created.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Just seems surprising to me that it was released 9 months late and still not up to scratch.
The CEO fella is saying that they released too soon, that's some pretty poor management if they need at least an extra YEAR on top of what they initially expected.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
The simple fact is current gen consoles were never going to be able to handle such an ambitious game like this.

They wouldn’t have lost so much respect if they had just come out & said it is next gen only.

They obviously knew from an early stage that it would run like a bag of spanner’s on current gen.

I’m really looking forward to it but won’t be picking it up until series x patch is available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
The simple fact is current gen consoles were never going to be able to handle such an ambitious game like this.

They wouldn’t have lost so much respect if they had just come out & said it is next gen only.

They obviously knew from an early stage that it would run like a bag of spanner’s on current gen.

I’m really looking forward to it but won’t be picking it up until series x patch is available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No way they'd ever make it next gen only though, because they'd cut out so much of the market.

It's a shame, if money wasn't the main motivator this game could've been incredible from day 1, but alas.

Make it next gen only, take the time to get it polished and release it when it's ready, not because it's a peak sales period.

Can't really blame them though, we'd all do the same if we were sat on the board/management.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
No way they'd ever make it next gen only though, because they'd cut out so much of the market.

It's a shame, if money wasn't the main motivator this game could've been incredible from day 1, but alas.

They weren't 'allowed' to make it next-gen only, for the reason you mention (even though certain figures within CDPR wanted next-gen as the base target). There are millions of PS4/Pro and Xbox One/S/X consoles out there and that's a lot of potential money to miss out on.

Talking of money, it is the only motivator these days when it comes down to it. Development costs these days are mental and games aren't made purely for the love of gaming anymore. That ship sailed a very long time ago sadly.

Cyberpunk is such an incredibly ambitious game that delivers and falls short in equal measure; yet still remains enjoyable to many who - arguably - have the better systems to enjoy it on. It might be worth waiting for the Definitive or GotY Edition when it's had a few patch iterations and a few DLC drops... :ROFLMAO:

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
They weren't 'allowed' to make it next-gen only, for the reason you mention (even though certain figures within CDPR wanted next-gen as the base target). There are millions of PS4/Pro and Xbox One/S/X consoles out there and that's a lot of potential money to miss out on.

Talking of money, it is the only motivator these days when it comes down to it. Development costs these days are mental and games aren't made purely for the love of gaming anymore. That ship sailed a very long time ago sadly.

Cyberpunk is such an incredibly ambitious game that delivers and falls short in equal measure; yet still remains enjoyable to many who - arguably - have the better systems to enjoy it on. It might be worth waiting for the Definitive or GotY Edition when it's had a few patch iterations and a few DLC drops... :ROFLMAO:
Shock horror businesses are only after money.

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I loved the concept of this game but this game had more dialogue and cut scenes than actual gameplay.

I'd rather play a game with lower quality graphics that actually works than a game with amazing graphics that doesn't.

For years none of these new games are properly tested before release. (Batlefield 4 being another one) They rely on players doing the games testing for them.

I feel this game is going to be another "Batman: Arkham Knight" where it may never be fixed even with patches in Jan and Feb. I've already uninstalled it and going back to GTA V.

133T
Is there any chance this game can go multiplayer in the future?
That seems the best way to recoup/gain some monies. Single player just cuts off a lot of gains. The world seems too big / too detailed to have zero multiplayer.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Is there any chance this game can go multiplayer in the future?
That seems the best way to recoup/gain some monies. Single player just cuts off a lot of gains. The world seems too big / too detailed to have zero multiplayer.
Nah, don’t ruin it with multiplayer. The witcher 3 which is regarded as their best game to date was just a single player game

133T
Nah, don’t ruin it with multiplayer. The witcher 3 which is regarded as their best game to date was just a single player game
I just feel the potential is too great to not have it. If they want to make their money and then some, open it up.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
It's definitely not going to be a great multiplayer game. You can tell right away from the engine of the game it wont be, it was the same with rdr2. It works really well for single player, maybe co-op could work. I've had some minor bugs, but otherwise the game runs great for me.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
If you know... 🤣🤦🏼‍♂️

D5FFF4E4-1F5C-4532-B63F-30253306E50A.jpeg

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Did the braindance tutorial last night, can you actually go into the ones they advertise on the door flol?

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
The end of the campaign is awesome, I did it (embarrassingly) last Sunday just after release! I've still played It nearly every day though, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. I don't see how MP will work though, however time will tell.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone want a mint copy for Xbox one? With all the extra postcards and stickers etc. 2 disc. £35 delivered, am going to post office in next hour..

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I might hang fire until the DLC extras have been added. I did the same with Witcher 3, but then again I haven’t really played that either!

Time will tell if CDPR come out of this still smelling of roses. The decision (be it financial, board level or just pure arrogance) to push this out on vanilla previous-gen consoles was a big mistake. If it had been a PC exclusive, players could have coped and upgraded should the game have run poorly. But console players expect clean, smooth performance from the get go - which clearly was too much to ask of the older hardware to handle.

CDPR may have gained a s**t-ton of preorders and turned a profit with those units sold already..... this time. But the buying public won’t be fooled a second time around. Their next game has one hell of a benchmark to not only meet, but a reputation to repair.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I've played about 4 hours on Xbox one X. Had to reload one saved game as got stuck on the training but not seen any of the graphical issues or bugs/glitches.

It's a really immersive game which I'm enjoying so far. It's a bit like a game version of ready player one.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
I'm coming up to the end of the main story line now.
I've completed most of the side missions that I can, but none of the other types of jobs listed in the index.

A bit sad that it's not lasted all that long. I feel like GTA took me forever to complete o_O

My god the storyline in this is boring. Even skipping it takes ages! Then when you're done with the 20 minutes of text you get railroaded in to pressing X to do the only thing you can possibly do. Feels so claustrophobic not being able to move through the endless scenes

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Very Nearly decided to buy this just for something new to play, then I come across the video comparisons to GTA5 with the likes of bullet damage/ car damage/ water reaction/ random people interaction etc... How this game got signed off for release I’ll never know

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's a bit dialogue heavy, where your responses have no bearing on the story.

Doesn't seem to be particularly sandbox either . Almost like a cod campaign so far.

I've also not managed to craft anything yet. Compared to rdr2 it's not even in the same league

I was picking up the same guns from enemies but instead of their ammo adding to my existing gun, I just ended up with 5 of the same weapon in my inventory, each with 30 rounds. So I had to keep switching guns :LOL:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I was picking up the same guns from enemies but instead of their ammo adding to my existing gun, I just ended up with 5 of the same weapon in my inventory, each with 30 rounds. So I had to keep switching guns :LOL:

Had that too, all with different damage.

Got in my car a couple of times and it just refused to move. I could steer but couldn't go anywhere. A bit annoying

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I’ve been pretty much on warzone for the last 2 weeks. Has there been any updates for cyberpunk?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve been pretty much on warzone for the last 2 weeks. Has there been any updates for cyberpunk?
There was 17GB one for PS4 today, I saw 17GB, thought oh that'll be a lot of things then, looked at the patch notes, it's literally 3 f**king lines.

17GB patch, 3 f**king lines.

They're basically like the kid who's trying to blag not doing his homework. "Yeah, just put 'numerous performance upgrades' they'll never be able to prove otherwise".

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
There was 17GB one for PS4 today, I saw 17GB, thought oh that'll be a lot of things then, looked at the patch notes, it's literally 3 f**king lines.

17GB patch, 3 f**king lines.

They're basically like the kid who's trying to blag not doing his homework. "Yeah, just put 'numerous performance upgrades' they'll never be able to prove otherwise".

When did you last play as it might of included 1.05 aswell as 1.06. I think 1.06 was 509mb on PC

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Done about 14 hours now, it's a good game, just lacking the finished details.

Multiple resets to Xbox home screen
Cars refusing to move
People flying across the screen
Bodies randomly moving when dead
Textures not loading quick enough.
Frame rate dropping to around 25 FPS.
Poor check points meaning you have to replay missions from the start
No car damage

If all these issues had been addressed it would be up there with GTA

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Done about 14 hours now, it's a good game, just lacking the finished details.

Multiple resets to Xbox home screen
Cars refusing to move
People flying across the screen
Bodies randomly moving when dead
Textures not loading quick enough.
Frame rate dropping to around 25 FPS.
Poor check points meaning you have to replay missions from the start
No car damage

If all these issues had been addressed it would be up there with GTA

In what way?

GTA is knocking on 8 years old now, a new game being on par with that doesn't seem like much of an achievement.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
GTA is the benchmark though. I wouldn't expect it to be better even without those bugs, it's just that's what I'm comparing it to.