ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D3100 or D5100?

350z GT
Right im looking to upgrade from my bridge camera....

The above are what reviewing at the min?

If i go for the 5100 i will only be able to afford the general lense that comes in the bundle

If i get the 3100 i will be able to afford more lenses etc

Or is there a Cannon alternative i havent looked at?

Main shoots will be motorsport, wildlife and landscape etc

budget between 300-500 quid :)

cheers

Fiesta ST-3
You need to go and try them for yourself. But I warn you the D3100 is an entry level DSLR with a noob (how to use mode).

350z GT
Iv held the d3100 and it felt nice in my hand etc....

any ideas on the cannon equivalent, ie 350 400 d??

Fiesta ST-3
Sorry mate I don't deal with trash ha. I think the Cannon entry level is a 500D but don't hold me to that.

2.2 bar shed.
1100D is the 3100 equiv and the 600D is the 5100 equiv. Personally I'd get the 600D but thats just me. As far as lenses go Nikon are shat (except the epic epic epic 14 - 24).

DB.

BMW 440i
I have the D3100 as a noob to the camera business, very good and will have more capabilities than I know how to use!

D5100 s***s on the 600D in the high iso stakes TBH - as it was pointed out to me in my thread the other day!

350z GT
Where abouts does the Cannon 450d sit in range in comparison?

So with regards to Lense range, are people saying Cannon have the better choices??

cheers

Where abouts does the Cannon 450d sit in range in comparison?

So with regards to Lense range, are people saying Cannon have the better choices??

cheers

To be honest, these days both Canon and Nikon have a range of lenses to suit everyone and every budget. You just need to be happy with the body. It can't be said enough that you should pop in to a local camera shop and try them out.