ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

d4f 712

clio mk2 1.2 75hp
hello guys ,
first of all happy new years you all :) I hope your engines newer die :)
secondary i was thinking a lot about increasing power for d4f engine, why ? ammm i love to achieve something and learn something new, i love my little trouble which i got and don't want to get 182 ( a lot of people would like to slap me for this sentence :D) :) making this topic because going to change the engine on next holidays, and would love to have turbo, yes yes yes i know ,just idiots do that. point is that that is possible and quite fun for 1.2 16v owners. and could be very nice first steps for other people on tuning road, if u understand what I'm trying to say.
so i was thinking all day about mk2 1.2 16v and mk3 1.2 turbo difference, and lets say how much difference have got both cylinder heads, valves sizes, baterfly and all throttle body ? problem with d4f engine is that they are made with plastic inlet manifolds (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...Model:Clio|Plat_Gen:MK+II&hash=item2a35b2cbed), so actually can do anything with them, but mk3 1.2t (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d142ea592) have got aluminium alloy inlet manifold which could work as aftermarket manifold or could be nice for forced induction. 4-3-2-1 exhaust manifold and ported head could increase the air flow and pick up the power. (we not thinking about costs), remap would be done after mechanical works done.
Please don't judge me a lot or ban me from the web for questions about d4f engine performance :D will be waiting for replays
regards,
EvilPanda
P.s. sorry for grammar ;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
get the alloy inlet manifold, turbo and exhaust manifold from the TCE, clio 172 injectors and fuel pump, fit a front mount intercooler with some custom pipework.

engine management is the main issue, you would either have to go standalone or the route id go down is Twingo TCE management, retro fit the dash etc from the twingo.

clio mk2 1.2 75hp
get the alloy inlet manifold, turbo and exhaust manifold from the TCE, clio 172 injectors and fuel pump, fit a front mount intercooler with some custom pipework.

engine management is the main issue, you would either have to go standalone or the route id go down is Twingo TCE management, retro fit the dash etc from the twingo.
hi, thank you for respond. could u pass me a link which exactly ecu should i be looking to please? tce? year model pelase? what about the cylinder head?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
no idea on the details of the ECU, I would basically transplant all the ecu and wiring from a Twingo fitted with the 1.2 TCE engine into the clio. Of course its probably better just to sell up and buy the twingo but if you can get the bits cheap enough it would be a cool project.

As far as I know the cylinder head was slightly uprated, I remember the details coming out when the engine was first released but cant find the press release again, im sure it was pretty basic though, and I would probably just retro fit all the bits to the standard engine and see how it goes because as far as I know the compression is the same (don't quote me on that though) unless you can get a cyl head/ full engine cheap enough to just swap it all over, again it starts getting to the point that just buying the twingo is the better option.

ohh and swap over to Clio/Twingo TCE spark plugs too