ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

D80 Vs 400D

See My Clio? Tell Me
ok ive just sold my olympus e400 and im now looking to buy another dslr. what do you recon im better getting a nikon d80 or a canon 400d??? :S

182 w/busted splitter :-(
If you have no lenses from either Nikon or Canon tying you in to one or the other maker (and I'm ssuming you don't) then the two models - in terms of feature set are 'much of a muchness' in terms of image quality. The Canon has the clever 'anti-dust' sensor, although I'm not 100% sure of how useful that is (I don't have 400D, but used to have a 300D and any dust was quickly sorted by the use of an air blower).

The Nikon probably has the slightly better build quality (more metal in the build than the Canon). The biggest difference is the handling; the Canon is a physically smaller camera body, so if (like me) you have large hands, you can find your little finger 'slipping' off the grip on the right hand side (which is one reason why I bought a 30D when I upgraded from the 300D!)

The Nikon has a larger body and the control layout is less 'cluttered' than the Canon, so this may make a difference for you.

Both are very capable cameras, and in terms of picture quality you won't be disappointed with either one.

The single best thing you can do is go to your nearest camera shop and have a play with both models; handle them, take a few shots and see how each body feels to hold. You might find one of them is more comfortable for you than the other, which might form the basis of a purchasing decisiion!

Perfect ^^

You should go and play with them, it's the only way to find out which one will suite you!

I have a 400D and have had for nearly a year now, I've not had to use an air blower once and have taken several thousand images.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
i got my 400d from ebay for £415 with the kit lens, big lowepro bag, tripod and 2GB card, was brand new, guy just didn't know how to work it so got rid :D

Golf GTI 1.8T
what lens came with that and where did you get it from

i was bidding on a d80 last nyt and got out bidded in the last 57 secs was well p!ssed off lol

kit lens from currys using discount code + cashback from canon

bastad, didnt think about the online discount codes! I paid full retail because I didnt want one of those american Rebel XTi versions off ebay!