ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DA Newb Help

Focus ST-3
I have just brought a DAS6 DA polisher to try and get some swirls out of my paint.

I have 3 pads at the minute: http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Menzerna_135mm_Pads.html

I have dodo juice lime prime, PB blackhole, and Zaino Z2.

What should I use and which pads should i use them with?

And is there any benefit in layering wax (dodo juice blue velvet) on top of the Z2?

Any help would be appreciated

1.8 Civic EX
I'm still very new to DA too but imo I'd go with Lime prime on the Orange pad, Blackhole on the Yellow and Z2 by hand.

Wouldn't bother with the wax if using z2.

I'd be interested to see what you think of Black hole over the top of LP too. Seems to be quite a few differeing opinions across the net as to whether it's worthwhile.

Honda & VW
What he said, LP has fillers don't forget even though its promoted as a cleanser. I've had some cracking results from LP

Focus ST-3
Is either LP or blackhole better when applied by machine?

Whats Z2 like by machine too? Is it worth a couple of layers too? Or is there no benefit?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Lime prime can be used to remove some minor swirls or marring used with a machine polisher, but a good technique is required with a lot of practice. General working with a polisher will give a better cleanse and worked the fillers in. I loved it via DA to the point I started to give up on correcting.

Not used BH much but imagine it will work the fillers a little better

Get a couple of layers of z2 on for even coverage. Guess you could use it by machine but is so easy by hand there is little need IMO

Focus ST-3
I tried using LP via machine this morning but didn't seem to be getting anywhere with it on the test area I did. I then used BH and it came up a treat, then layered a couple of coats of Z2 and its gleaming! Chuffed with it but shattered now!

Thanks for the advice all