ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dacia Sandero 182 conversion

I was thinking earlier, isn't the Dacia Sandero based on the Clio mk2? If so, could you drop a 172/182 engine into it fairly easily as presumably all the engine mount locations are the same? It would be a great sleeper car!! I know it's been done with a Kangoo before

Large%20Image_62.jpg

lol

Looks really nice! They could be into a winner if they used the full power F4R and sold that as competitively as some of their other cars

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Yep, but only in South America.

The Sandero RS is the first RS-badged model to be built outside Europe. It is set to be sold exclusively in Latin America from next year, with no plans to bring the car to the UK. That decision is likely due to the fact that the Sandero is badged as a Dacia here, rather than a Renault.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I don't normally like Deviantart renderings as they tend to look like a schoolboy drew it on the back of his maths book, but Dacia should make this with a minimum of 200BHP. (but with less doors)

dacia_sandero_tuning_8_by_cipriany.jpg

Dacia Logan 1.6 16v
Hi. There are some F4R conversions made to Dacias here in Romania. They are Logan, mexhanically identical to Sanderos. There is a slight mod which has to Be done to the right side engine mount. Nothing too complicated. Some of them went up to 200bhp, by race camshafts, updated Ontake and exhaust manifolds