ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Damo's 172 Cup

Nothing at the mo :(
Hey, As some of you know i had a 182 in silver. Which i took to llandow last year on the trackday
Well it was on 33k mileage.. i rarly used it.. But at the same time i wanted to turn it into a track car...
SOOO.
I swapped cars with a friend of mine with cash my way for his 172 CUP..
He has done a few things with it, which is as follows;
Solid Engine Mount
Solid Gearbox Mount
Solid Dogbone Mount
Ktech Stealth Catback Exaust system

I plan on stripping it, bucket seats/harness, decent brakes and some coilvers
Here are some pics of the car as it stands atm
DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

So thats how it stands at the moment :)
Today i have ordered myself some Ktech Coilvers + ITG Panel filter.. If all goes to plan on sunday i will probably start the strippage :)

Nothing at the mo :(
By better then nothing i mean mine springs/shocks are on nearly 90k mileage now.. so instead of just springs ive opted for coilovers so i get some new shocks too

Im not a hardcore track boy, it will be a weekend toy *probably not even that* and the odd trackday here and there, Im not splashing thousands of pounds on it lol

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
By better then nothing i mean mine springs/shocks are on nearly 90k mileage now.. so instead of just springs ive opted for coilovers so i get some new shocks too

Im not a hardcore track boy, it will be a weekend toy *probably not even that* and the odd trackday here and there, Im not splashing thousands of pounds on it lol

Personally, i would have gone for Koni adjustables, with Eibach Sportlines & a Whiteline ARB.

Mind you the Ktec are really cheap iirc, so you could still add an ARB to the setup to improve it.

PH1 V6
Personally, i would have gone for Koni adjustables, with Eibach Sportlines & a Whiteline ARB.

Mind you the Ktec are really cheap iirc, so you could still add an ARB to the setup to improve it.

twice the cost though! lol

BG 182
I'm looking to get some coilies in the near future for my 182. I don't really want to turn it into a track car as it's my daily driver so it seems the vmaxx and Ktec options are best in terms of cost and comfort compromise. I would have personally tried standard with an adjustable arb first.. Maybe some lowering springs too but for the price of the ktecs, maybe it's not so much of a bad decision? If you don't like them, sell them, learn from your mistake then go from there. Would love to hear some feedback on them though. Car looks like a clean example too!