ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

I think once it's been professionally painted it'll look spot on, it seems to just stick out like a sore thumb just now which is letting it down. I'm still optimistic it'll be worth it :smile:.

FRP - Clio 182
Will look awesome once painted, come on come on pay day really want to get mine ordered.
Soon as I get it going to get it sent off with my door protectors, door handles and wing mirrors for spraying.
Good update mate.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
What did you end up doing with the washer hole, did you install the sprayer in it or fill it with body filler. I think I am going to fill it and re drill it where the trophy has its washer just for the oem look. My rear washer doesnt work at the moment and having all sorts of issues with the front washers too so will probably try and fix that this weekend. My V6 spoiler hasnt arrived yet and "my ebay" doesnt say its been dispatched either, was about to email them to ask but figured with them being Italian its probably asking for trouble. Fingers crossed it arrives this week. Still havent found a decent bodyshop to paint it either - if anyone reading knows anywhere in Oxford give me a shout.

RB 182 FF
Sorry Dann didn't realise! Gotta say it looks great! Very tempting for the price and the fact you don't need the stupidly expensive struts! :smile: p.s optical, when my washers played up I removed the problematic rubber float altogether that other people have trimmed to allow movement, the negative side is when I use my front jets the rear also squirts a little(not really an issue) but the plus side is I have ridiculously powerful jets now and the rubber part won't fail as it's not in there any longer! :smile::up:

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Thanks Gaz, will deffo be following your advice!
By the way if anyone is thinking of ordering the spoiler its worth mentioning that the postage is 35 euros but it also says that it doesnt cost anything extra for additional items, so if you know of someone else that wants one , group buy them and save loads on the postage.

RB 182 FF
No probs Gus! :smile: Hmmmm this spoiler is so so tempting! Blumming cars cost me a fortune..! :tongueclosed:

Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
Got some more random pics from the doctors car park (exotic I know) and it's almost as if I took them whilst walking towards my car :grimacing::grimacing:

15695391918_bee021269a_b.jpg
20141126_101857 by dann2707, on Flickr

15695398798_d1d426e279_b.jpg
20141126_101903 by dann2707, on Flickr

15695405538_2dc38fff25_b.jpg
20141126_101904 by dann2707, on Flickr

15880941561_d659651824_b.jpg
20141126_101906 by dann2707, on Flickr

It's definitely growing on me!

Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
I love the idea of being able to change the height when I want and I'm doing a track day at the end of Feb with a trials biking forum I'm on!

Plus I love the idea of new shocks all around too!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
It is at the front @leeds2592 :tongueout: Any luck with you finding a vehicle yet?

Thinking of ordering the Bilstein b14's this Friday, £615 though :/ That's two playstation 4's. I know I won't regret it but it's a lot of money.

Not as yet, had some bad news a couple of weeks ago which has put it on the back burner for a while. Sick of driving my GF's 1.1 206 so going to get it sorted at the weekend hopefully. Got my heart set on an Inferno though I think.

Oh yeh, forgot about that. In that case, it needs lowering more :). Coilovers > Springs errrytime.

It is at the front @leeds2592 :tongueout: Any luck with you finding a vehicle yet?

Thinking of ordering the Bilstein b14's this Friday, £615 though :/ That's two playstation 4's. I know I won't regret it but it's a lot of money.
With the money you've saved with the rep spoiler compared to original, it would be rude not to :wink:.

Looking good!

Spoiler looks great!! i know you're having second thoughts about painting it yourself, at least you did it your self bet deep down your pretty proud of it. Have to learn somewhere ;)

Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'm really glad people are positive about the spoiler I thought it wouldn't get that great of a reception if i'm honest.

I don't think it's giving a true representation of what it looks like atm though with it looking a bit dull.

Spoiler looks great!! i know you're having second thoughts about painting it yourself, at least you did it your self bet deep down your pretty proud of it. Have to learn somewhere :wink:

I'm not proud at all mate as i've wasted so much money on primer, base and laquer along with the time it's taken me to do it to effectively take it back off and pay more money for it to be sprayed along with more money to send it to my mate and back. Sorry if that sounds really depressing but it's one of those things that happens and I can't dwell on it and just gotta get on with it :D

@optical i'm not sure if your spray nozzle idea will work to replicate it like the trophy one as I don't think there will be enough room for the washer jet hose to fit where you're thinking it will go. I might be wrong but It looks like it's going to be tricky! Also the current adapter that holds the waternozzle to the spoiler is a massive washer and it's silver and would look disgusting higher up. I think it's in a great place at the moment as it's hidden as it's so close to the glass.

RB 182 FF
I think the rep spoiler jet is actually a lot better where it is! Why did Renault decide to put their jet in a really eye catching and obvious place when it can be effectively hidden..! :confused:

Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
Very true!

In other news, the spoiler is on its way to my spraying friend :D I also received these in the post so he's going to spray them for me too :D

15705551277_a16f9e8038_b.jpg
20141127_110609 by dann2707, on Flickr

£25 delivered and they are genuine and in excellent condition.

Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
Where did you get them from buddy?

AS I was about to buy these and the finish doesn't look as good as standard :/

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a9bfc9845

They are to rounded and dont look OEM

I just searched for clio cup breaking on eBay and messaged all the sellers and that guy was the cheapest. I texted another guy and he wants £32 posted for his if you want me to fire you his number? That wouldn't be a problem and you could probably get him down cheaper.

Yeah saw those eBay ones and wasn't too sure about them. These ones I got look new, didn't even know they did them in plain, unpainted elephant skin style??

Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
Will do mate, thanks!

He's going to keep it for over a week once it's been painted to cure it though so it won't be for a while but i'm being patient with this one. Tomorrow can't come quick enough so I can order the bilsteins however that will be another week to wait then fitting them on the Sunday the 7th of December :smiley: (if they come in time)

Do you run any spacers Tom? Not sure which to go for and how much. I strongly dislike cars that have their wheels stupidly spaced out but don't want them sunken in the arches either. Maybe 16mm on the rear and 15mm on the front?

I went for a little drive earlier to drop off my spoiler at the myhermes drop off point and took the long way there and back and it just made me love the car even more. I turned the radio off so I heard and belt every little bump. The solid top mounts have really accentuated the road noise but for all the right reasons, along with giving me quite a lot of feedback. Coupled that in with the new tyres it is just starting to feel fantastic to drive. Really put a smile on my face as to me, it still feels like the power to handling ratio is spot on I haven't had a moment where i've wanted more power, especially when going around bends. Maybe on straights infact!

I have never driven a cup packed car so not sure what i'm missing out on with the lower and wider track, better shocks etc but I seriously cannot wait for the coilovers as surely it's going to make things even better.

CLIO 182
been after some blanks myself for some time, keep telling myself im gonna save for some carbon ones, but then I look at my horrible stone chipped to death front end and I think pffffhttt naaahh! man id love a respray on my car! 😢 depresses me it really does. Just cant find anywhere I trust and is reasonably priced

RB Clio 182
Do you run any spacers Tom? Not sure which to go for and how much. I strongly dislike cars that have their wheels stupidly spaced out but don't want them sunken in the arches either. Maybe 16mm on the rear and 15mm on the front?

Yes mate, i run 20mm fronts and 5mm rears, my alloys are et37 tho, so they are 8mm wider than standard 182 alloys for starters.

If i had standard alloys, i would go 20mm fronts and 10-15mm rears.

If i was ordering for mine with the et37's, i would get 15mm fronts, and 10mm rears as the fronts scrape a little on 3/4 lock, and there is a bit of room on the rears for a few more mm.

Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for that mate!

In other news, I've spent too much today - Just ordered the Bilsteins!! Got them at a f**king bargainess price too as I ordered them from a german website directly rather than over here. Crazy how you can save £300 by doing that?!?!

Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
  CLIO 182
Thanks for that mate!

In other news, I've spent too much today - Just ordered the Bilsteins!! Got them at a f**king bargainess price too as I ordered them from a german website directly rather than over here. Crazy how you can save £300 by doing that?!?!
300? How much did you get them for? Thought they were like £700 here and 600 odd over there
Id be interested but can't seem to see them listed cup fitment even translated?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Should have looked at the AP coilovers, big brand in the VAG world and had them on my A3.

Doubt you'll be disappointed with the Bilsteins though. Gowon, spill the beans, how much did you pay?

Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
300? How much did you get them for? Thought they were like £700 here and 600 odd over there
Id be interested but can't seem to see them listed cup fitment even translated?

Should have looked at the AP coilovers, big brand in the VAG world and had them on my A3.

Doubt you'll be disappointed with the Bilsteins though. Gowon, spill the beans, how much did you pay?

They're around £750-£850 over here

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2044

K-tec do them for for £810. In the UK Pure seem to do them the cheapest at £730 delivered

Ended up paying £560 including delivery. Me and @optical ordered them at the same time so it'll be interesting to see when they will arrive :D

RB 182 FF
Feck that's a great price!! Dann your car is going to look sexy after the spoiler fitment and coileys! :tongueout::up: