ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate :smile:

Got some pics with the washer blanks on and daylight pics.

I'm going to have to raise the front a bit as it's catching quite a lot when turning the wheel, i've been off putting it for a while now as I still want dem lowzzz but realised the other day that I grimace when turning around tight corners that are raised a bit 😧

16433597542_223cba6222_k_zps95718a75.jpg

16248633387_102d0dbf63_k_zpsa9ed17f9.jpg

16408566556_297d078821_k_zps9c242228.jpg

FRP - Clio 182
Lovely mate, looking great, personally I think on 172 Coloured Cup Turini wheels this would be even better, however lovely looking car and fantastic turn around all credit to you and your had work :)

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Thank you both :smile:

It's a powerflow exhaust which was a shot In the dark but it sounds incredible! It's not too chavvy at all but you can hear it when you put your foot down. I'll have to get some vids of it.

I just got home after being at my gfs which is always a tester of the car as I have to go down some crazy awesome b roads to get onto the motorway. I noticed today that the car felt so much more precise. Usually I do a mod to the car and then automatically think the car feels better subconsciously even if it doesn't.

However tonight it was the other way around, the car felt so much better around the twisties so on the motorway I was picking my brains wondering what I had changed on the car in the past two weeks and I finally realised I had changed the front inner anti roll bar bushes to black powerflex ones! I initially thought the temps were warmer outside and my tyres were gripping more but it was still cold out (1 degree) so I can confirm that the bushes have made am awesome difference.

Going to change the outer ones now after that :smiley:

Also I'm going on a track day on the 5th of March with a biking forum I'm on. Will be my first I'm so excited :D

2014 Clio 200t edc
Defo would look really good in turinis.
Looks really nice though bud, love what you've done to it.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Good luck with 5th March! I try ti make sure I do trackdays in summer only because if it rains it dries quicker :smiley:

Thanks man! This is where we're going

Looks great with the spoiler!
Cheers dude! :D

Defo would look really good in turinis.
Looks really nice though bud, love what you've done to it.

I'm agreeing here! I reckon later on in the year it will happen :p I've said it now so it kind of has to haha

Got any pics side on as it doesn't actually look too low?

Here you go mate

20141221_151032_zpskh4v8xsk.jpg

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
De-wiper! I did mine last year looks much better imo. Car is looking spot on tho bud!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers dude. If I did it I couldn't bring myself to using a rubber grommet, I wish they did blanks where it was just the standard elephant skin trim with no hols cut out! I've seen the carbon ones but I'm not a fan of carbon trim. What does yours look like @Cerrone

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for taking the time to take that mate :) that looks great too is the black bit just a shadow across it? I wonder if he has any in stock as I like the look of that if that black but is just a shadow.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
It's all gloss black with RB writing! Yea iirc just could have any 2 colours with writing!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
That's awesome and now i'm on a computer I can see it better, cheers :smile:

Went over to @bashracing's last night to see if the speed sensor problem is still there, it is!!

I've changed the reluctor ring along with the ABS sensor itself and it's still signalling intermittently. The other 3 wheel speeds are constant but the nearside front is always under hence the annoying revving problem( the nearside sensor is used as the speed sensor). We're now under the impression it's a wiring fault so guess what i'll be doing tonight after work :smiley:

I said to Dave last night that I reckon it's pulled on the loom when I did a three point turn the day after I lowered it as when I did that turn all the 3 lights came on (ABS SERV and something else) this was when @optical or @incy-spider noticed that my ABS wiring holder arms whatever they're called, the ones that are attached to the coilover struts to keep the wiring in place weren't attached so my thoughts are that it's snagged the wire and it's rubbing on something/pulled something out of place.

I will get to the bottom of this. I must have burned SO much fuel going to work and back sat in traffic and it's revving the tits off it after every creep forward. No wonder i'm always skint oh wait that's due to buying car parts lol

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to be spraying my bullets this weekend I think, going to go for a darker colour in fact the same colour as my wheels however i'm not sure whether to lacquer them or not!

I don't really want them to be super shiny but I also want them to be protected from chips. I wish you could get non shiny lacquer!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to be spraying my bullets this weekend I think, going to go for a darker colour in fact the same colour as my wheels however i'm not sure whether to lacquer them or not!

I don't really want them to be super shiny but I also want them to be protected from chips. I wish you could get non shiny lacquer!

You can!

CLIO 182
Been out of the loop for a while as I've been mad busy at uni and work. Glad to see your taking her out on track mate! These little clios love the track! You'll be amazed a just how different they feel on one!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Been out of the loop for a while as I've been mad busy at uni and work. Glad to see your taking her out on track mate! These little clios love the track! You'll be amazed a just how different they feel on one!

Cheers Ant! I'm really looking forward to it.

Trying to see how i've going to mount my camera though. I'm wanting to find a kit that comes with a straight bar that can go across the driver and passenger headrest poles but I don't know what to search for or even if a universal kit like that even exists?

CLIO 182
Cheers Ant! I'm really looking forward to it.

Trying to see how i've going to mount my camera though. I'm wanting to find a kit that comes with a straight bar that can go across the driver and passenger headrest poles but I don't know what to search for or even if a universal kit like that even exists?
I know exactly what kinda thing your talking about mate, as i was looking into something similar myslef before I had a cage and bucket seats.

I'm pretty confident it was somebody on here that just made there own head rest camera mount using some ally box section from B&Q think it was like the box section used for cable gantry's for the spring nuts/ bolts. Worked quite well from what I remember.

In the end I just mounted my gopro on my helmet, worked an absolute treat. Could see everything i wanted to, gear lever, pedals and lovely field of view out the window. I often find it's seems to far back around the seat areas depending on what camera/ setting you use.

Just make sure you capture your first time on track no matter what you do haha

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
I think I've seen a harness bar that bolts up behind the headrests like a lot of the evo and suby boys use. Surely this would work? Get one fabricate for about £50-£60

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Not a massive fan of AB's but yours does look lovely when it's clean. Bullets will look much better as well when they're a bit darker.

On a side note, you've got a dash cam haven't you? Which do you have? Looking into getting one for my new car.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Not a massive fan of AB's but yours does look lovely when it's clean. Bullets will look much better as well when they're a bit darker.

On a side note, you've got a dash cam haven't you? Which do you have? Looking into getting one for my new car.

Thanks dude! They're currently hardening in the conservatory :)

I have the mobius action cam mate, think it was around £60 with a 32gb card. There is a thread on here somewhere with decent links i'll try and find for you.

I've ordered a handlerbar esq grip for the headrest mount i'll be making at the weekend. Think it's called a super grip or something

41r5cs17kTL._SY450_.jpg

Then i'll get some round tubing and drill some holes in them and attach them to the headrests using u clamps. Should be a fun little thing to make on the cheap! Pics will be taken too ofc