ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-Danman-‘s Inferno 182

On the same day I fitted the new wiper blank, I also decided to do something about the rear badges.

At the moment I had the new 'R.S. RenaultSport' badge (from a 197/200/Megane??) on the left and the standard 'Clio' badge on the right.

I wanted to get rid of the Clio badge and keep the RS badge. Here's the process -

It was a little bit dirty underneath the old badge. I also ended up snapping one of the mounting points as you can see :(

10936072664_097cf226d8_c.jpg

After I cleaned the dirt behind the badge and got rid of the clip that was wedged in the hole, I got some spare gromits and used a bit of clear silicone to stick them in place behind the holes. - This would ensure no water would get inside the boot.

10936201493_897d4251ff_c.jpg

The next step was to try and get the new badge level, but to also make sure it covered the existing holes. It took me a few attempts lol :eek:
But, by persisting with my technical masking tape method I managed it.

10936072514_6820d34f15_c.jpg

And finally, a cheeky shot of it fitted -

10935947396_3b1b81c191_c.jpg

Anyone who has done this will know how tricky it is to get the badge to cover the holes.
(Why couldn't Renault just stick the Clio badge one as well lol!)

The width of the 'R' is exactly the same as the first hole so there's not much room for error. Then you've got to make sure you've lined it up correctly or the edge of the 'RenaultSport' bit won't cover all of the 2nd hole! :p

I'm currently uploading more photos to Flickr so there should be some more updates shortly :)

Last edited:
By now, it was the middle of summer and the show season was upon us. I had cleaned and waxed the Inferno to the best of my standards but still wasn't convinced it was looking its best.

I got in touch with a manager at work who had recently set up his own detailing company - Custom Creations.

It was only a few days before CS Saturday and luckily, an appointment had been canceled. I ended up dropping the car off at 7.45am the next day and picked it up at around 5.00pm.

I couldn't believe the transformation, it was as if my car had just pulled out of a showroom. I'll let the photos do the talking...

(Sorry if they're bad quality, stole them off Facebook!)

Driver's side reflection shots -

11425354505_d1146c0b09_c.jpg

11425310245_e96c0a69ff_c.jpg

Cheeky sticker -

11425335875_dcf7bdc1ba_c.jpg

The rear -

11425366184_7bc1bccff3_c.jpg

Side view, look at the bonnet shine! -

11425344356_f8f12b1eb0_c.jpg

Passenger quarter panel -

11425329125_9b0f9f2196_c.jpg

Wheels & tyres after being cleaned, waxed and treated -

11425453273_bcd49279c5_c.jpg

And my favorite photo of the session -

11425299835_78b6183e49_c.jpg

Here is his Facebook page if anyone is interested in his other work - www.facebook.com/customcreations.mansfield

Thanks! I will try and upload some more photos soon, Dan :)

Last edited:
  A grey one
This car is stunning, never really looked properly but 1- you're very lucky to get it for a present.. I think I'd of passed out,
2- it's unbelievably clean and makes the colour look incredible & 3- it's actually the perfect example and completely changed my mind on the colour which I detested because it just reminds me of beans!

This car is stunning, never really looked properly but 1- you're very lucky to get it for a present.. I think I'd of passed out,
2- it's unbelievably clean and makes the colour look incredible & 3- it's actually the perfect example and completely changed my mind on the colour which I detested because it just reminds me of beans!

Yeah I was in shock when I opened the garage lmao! Haha yeah it's definitely a bit of a marmite colour, same as the RB really. Thanks for the kind comments!

Oh and btw, it is absolutely filthy now! :(

Looks fantasic! Anymore plans for it? Apart from straightening the rear plate? ;)

Lol :( you're not the first one to mention that. Is it really that obvious? :p

Yeah got quite a few more plans for it. Most will have to wait until the weather is better and until I actually have time!

Got some door cards from a FF182 that have been sat in my room for a good few months haha.

RS Badge looks sick ! :p

Ah thanks mate, looks a bit more modern I think.

Have you fitted the Xenons yet matey?

I think we should get some photos in summer ;)

Yeahh man, about a month ago, I'll have to send you a pic :p Do you have Whatsapp?

And yeah definitely, I'll have to borrow my sisters camera and tripod haha.

I never saw the apeal of Inferno but this has changed my mind! looks stunning!

Wow thanks matey, they look completely different when it's clean and sunny!

Very nice 182!!

Cheers buddy :)

Clio 172 Cup
Lol :( you're not the first one to mention that. Is it really that obvious? :p

Yeah got quite a few more plans for it. Most will have to wait until the weather is better and until I actually have time!

Got some door cards from a FF182 that have been sat in my room for a good few months haha.

Yeah I mentioned it last time. If it was your average shed then no, it wouldn't be noticeable. But because of its condition and attention to detail, to me it sticks out like a sore thumb lol :p

Look forward to seeing more progress :)

Sweet, you happy with them? No mate, have you got my email address?

Might have to borrow her to take the photo too ;)

Money well spent! The difference at night is awesome. Have 6K bulbs as well so it's nice and white. No I don't think I have your email, send it across :)

Lmao, cheeky b*stard ;) she is very good at photography though!

Yeah I mentioned it last time. If it was your average shed then no, it wouldn't be noticeable. But because of its condition and attention to detail, to me it sticks out like a sore thumb lol :p

Look forward to seeing more progress :)

Damn it! :p I will try and sort it out one day. Will get some Velcro pads instead of sticky pads. They're a ball ache to take off.

Thanks mate, updates shouldn't be too far away.

Money well spent! The difference at night is awesome. Have 6K bulbs as well so it's nice and white. No I don't think I have your email, send it across :)

Lmao, cheeky b*stard ;) she is very good at photography though!

I can't wait to get a set, sick of driving with candles up front! Will be after I have got spacers and RSTuner Pops & Bangs map though so it may be while :( Okay will do!

Haha I wasn't implying it in that way, I can't point a camera for s**t though! ;) But now you mention it......

Clio 200T
Thanks matey. Wouldn't mind some 2118's lol;)

That's awesome! :) are you going to make a progress thread or anything? Only seen the one photo of it.

Yes mate, I'll get one started in a while, was on Clio200.net before but use this now as its way more active.

Sticky pads are awful! Autosmart Tardis will help remove all the sticky bits!

Tell me about it! I spent a good hour trying to get rid of the sticky mess last time. I'll have a look at that, thanks.

I can't wait to get a set, sick of driving with candles up front! Will be after I have got spacers and RSTuner Pops & Bangs map though so it may be while :( Okay will do!

Haha I wasn't implying it in that way, I can't point a camera for s**t though! ;) But now you mention it......

Haha :p I've sent you a few photos of the difference mate. I've been looking into RSTuners as well, mainly the 98Ron map. I'd love the pops and bangs map after hearing Brett's 172 though!

Looks great! I can't get on with that wheel colour though.

Thanks mate. It's an Audi shade apparently. It looks a dark grey normally but when clean and in the right light it shines a bluey-purple.

Yes mate, I'll get one started in a while, was on Clio200.net before but use this now as its way more active.

Ah fair enough okay, yeah it is a very active forum! :)

Clio 197
Looking good Dan. When you take your Plate off, use (your sister's) hairdryer to warm the plate sticky up, then use white spirit to get the sticky off. You can then use the hairdryer again to make the new pads really sticky when you re-apply it.

Looking good Dan. When you take your Plate off, use (your sister's) hairdryer to warm the plate sticky up, then use white spirit to get the sticky off. You can then use the hairdryer again to make the new pads really sticky when you re-apply it.

Good advice there mate I'll try that :) is the white spirit okay on the paint?

Will use velcro pass I think in future!

Clio 197
Yeah white spirit is fine. I use it as tar remover. I just polish the bits afterwards. You won't damage the paint as it's not very harsh at all. Whatever you do, don't use nail varnish remover as that will take the paint off! Only problem with Velcro is your plates might get stolen.

Right, time for another update. Well, not really. More of a follow on from the detailing session.

Here are some more photos I took with my old HTC (hence the crap quality)

I don’t know why I decided to go here for some photos. It was one of the nicest days in summer and I go and find a horrible shady spot. Flol :(

11592384925_716b62af87_c.jpg

11592329315_484b99ea1d_c.jpg

11593068356_8810a5516c_c.jpg

Nice reflection shot -

11592441543_3d50d327a3_c.jpg

Blurry wheels -

11592179595_698c70464b_c.jpg

11592459204_2be94556e5_c.jpg

11592085065_dbeb045c1b_c.jpg

11592351944_d743c32298_c.jpg

11592188373_464a0cc137_c.jpg

11592716806_e318864d3c_c.jpg

11592189864_8de5d3cdd6_c.jpg

11591800895_3609cca392_c.jpg

Interior -

11592060484_d62d9119b9_c.jpg

Little sticker from the detailing company, (will be relocated under the bonnet at some point) -

11592018764_94a643dd12_c.jpg

11592449186_5de9e3ea4a_c.jpg

Shiny tail pipes -

11591929264_af0420be99_c.jpg

11591761523_ee6f7cce27_c.jpg

Sorry for the amount of similar photos, I'm no photographer!

Dan

Yeah white spirit is fine. I use it as tar remover. I just polish the bits afterwards. You won't damage the paint as it's not very harsh at all. Whatever you do, don't use nail varnish remover as that will take the paint off! Only problem with Velcro is your plates might get stolen.

Sorry mate, forgot to reply to this.

I've heard of people using T-Cut for this as well. Haha I'll stay away from nail varnish remover then ;)

I did think of that but I guess no one would know they're held on with velcro. Plus I can't imagine many people would want to steal my number plates. (Unless it was a mate playing a joke)