ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dartford Crossing Toll Change - Oct 2012

Thought I'd chuck this in the SE section. Just popped up on my FB news feed that the toll is increasing in October.

Dartford%20tolls%20SEP%202012_m.jpg

Stupid bridge should have been paid for long ago I thought...

On a side note, the toll causes so much congestions it's ridiculous. If they must charge, surely a 50mph average speed check with congestion charge esque cameras recording ANPR would be more effective, then pay online at home.

Full story:

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/news/2012/september/4/dartford_tolls.aspx

Evo 5 RS
I f**king hate coming back over there. It's a nightmare. One time I had to get out and push the barrier up. Put the correct change in and nothing happened.

Tom Dick and Harry behind me honking their horns like 3 year olds. I'M ON IT. Shut UP

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lol at having to lift the barrier up. When the ANPR system comes into force I'm getting retractable numberplates.

Lol at having to lift the barrier up. When the ANPR system comes into force I'm getting retractable numberplates.

I just made that ANPR bit up, but apparently based on the full story there is plans for "free flowing action" in 2014. So I can only assume they must have heard me moaning.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I managed 6 months of going in early (past the tolls at 07:10) and home early - leave office at 15:30 - and was held up a lot. You're going to be later than that Ant, and I know it's going to drive you bananas.

Don't do it ! Move to Essex instead ;)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'm never going to go home before 10 so that's all good, Ill just go to work early too I think lol

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
You work on the island though, £4 a day, £100 a month is not acceptable. That's a lot of beer lol

Last edited:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Plus the extra fuel you use sat there like a plum for HOURS a day. My record from Basildon to Dartford was about 6 hours.

Literally ridiculous.

If I ever HAVE to live in Kent and work in Tangoland, I'm getting a bike.

Last edited:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I will never get a motorbike now, I was right up for it, always on the back of my dads ninja etc but I feel queezy thinking about it now. I can blame videos from the YNC on that.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Went to Bluewater a couple of months ago. Travel down M6 and M1 was only slowed by roadworks and SPECS cameras. Then got on M25 and passed Basildon without issue...then on the approach to the Dartford crossing...I wasted an hour or so because some nuggets had crashed on the approach to it. Took me nearly 4 hours to get there...and 2.5 to get home (gone 9pm!).

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Wick, the bridge has infact already been paid off!! it was about the time they brought in the £1.50 charge instead of the £1.

what even more annoying, is that they initially said that they bridge would only charge while it was being paid off!!

hate the QE2 with a passion, and i rarely have to use it!!

^ I know mate, paid off years ago. Such a joke. Things like this really grate on me. I could almost justify it in my head if they were upping thee price to improve the service, but they are upping the price and we will no doubt still have to queue for 2 hours on a Friday evening.

Looking for 182
I don't think I've ever been held up that much going over and I've been through a lot. A bit of queuing sometimes but nothing major.

When I came up for my Unit introduction I got straight through but it was mother-f**king-chaos coming the other way. That was a Saturday morning.

It must be proper hell during rush hour.