ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash support bar/frame

Ph2 Clio 172
other than to give the lower dash somewhere to mount to.... does the metal dash frame actually do much.

I know it bolts up to the steering column mount but does it give that much actual support?

I am still running a dash, be it with a very stripped down and lightened lower section

Ive basically cut the passenger side top dash mount and lower bracket off to use on their own and done away with the middle bit/upper mount altogether

But i notice the frame from the drivers side is better built and quite heavy so i presume maybe does support the column?

Anyone removed completely without adding any sort of replacement bar?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Might be better asking in the track/race section mate. I haven't got around to removing mine yet so can't answer but there'll be plenty that can

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I only run the upper half of the dash, and kept the frame to secure it to.
I had an additional bar added to it across the passenger side to allow fitment of the dash fixings, then had it all powder coated black so the parts that are visible look neat and tidy.

Upper half of the dash was stripped back of all the covering, cup racer style centre moulded onto it and then flocked at central last cleaning in a deep Rolls Royce colour.

Looks pretty decent imo.