ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dashboard trim

Fabia VRS
Hey. The person that had my car before me, i think had a satnav and where they have stuck it its left a sticky mark!:( Ive try nail varnish remover and white spirt but it looks as if it has been stuck on with plastic glue and accually metled the plastic. I want to replace it. went to renault and they said without a part number they cant price it up. Its the peice of plastic around that goes around the centre heater vents then up round the little display. does anyone know the part number or if it just pops off with a screw driver?

alien green rs133
Hey. The person that had my car before me, i think had a satnav and where they have stuck it its left a sticky mark!:( Ive try nail varnish remover and white spirt but it looks as if it has been stuck on with plastic glue and accually metled the plastic. I want to replace it. went to renault and they said without a part number they cant price it up. Its the peice of plastic around that goes around the centre heater vents then up round the little display. does anyone know the part number or if it just pops off with a screw driver?

that piece of plastic is bonded to the dash top, i changed mine it means tickling the back of it with a soldering iron to loosen the plastic sealing it, then reverse to fit new one :eek:

Da

Less
It's part of the top dash from memory, a very expensive part from Renault! There's one on ebay at present however...

*edit* beaten to it!

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
not form renault they sell them as whole units, its the same for hte biys loking for the satnav cowel, its just the insert which differes but renault bond them in and sell them stupidly high.

Fabia VRS
Dam that sucks!!:( really dont no why someone would glue it to the dashboard!! that means im gonna have to find an air freashener or something. Thanks for you help by the way:)

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
you get with garmines a sticky dick whihc you cah sucker the windscreen mount to, for why i dont know but you do. its seriously sticky the only way to tak eit off would be a chisel or a heat gun, you could get a whole dash from a breaker for probs about £40. the cup has the cheapo dash soesnt it, if so just look for an expression or if its the soft touch one, a dynamique.

alien green rs133
im sure someone will sell you a dash that has had airbag exploded in so you can debond the bit you want
i got the bit i wanted out of a wrecked dash :p