ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daytime Running lights

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I saw some the other day that looked like someone stuck Christmas lights on their grill!

If they're retrofitted then they scream desperate for attention too much :(

And if theyre factory fitted then they scream tw*t!

God Audi drivers suck

Edit: except r8's :)

Renault Clio 53 1.2
i was sad enough to fit some of these and sharply removed them after realizing how much of a tool it made me look like.. and bought some xenons and 6k bulbs looks far better.

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
Wow yet again all I see on here is people being rude. I think the DRLs look nice on the newer Clio that was posted, an some cars can look very nice if done well. Doesn't make you a "peasent" in any way whatsoever. Infact I'm tempted to fit some to mine just to piss off the hateful tw*ts!

these are the only ones I like...

You cant actually see the LED itself, but you can see the light going across... anyone every though of making something like this?

I dont even understand how they work tbh...

audi-a6-pr-drl.jpg

these are the only ones I like...

You cant actually see the LED itself, but you can see the light going across... anyone every though of making something like this?

I dont even understand how they work tbh...

audi-a6-pr-drl.jpg

Bent perspex with leds lighting it up from the edge. Bit how the BMW angel eyes work.

Bent perspex with leds lighting it up from the edge. Bit how the BMW angel eyes work.

I thought it was something like that, but in angel eyes you can see like little lines in the perspex, whereas these up close are all just one constant line across.
kinda like this? or am I imaging it...

t_2126.jpg

anywho! someone should try and make a DIY version of the audi ones, see if they look any better than the LED strips

Yeah with the angel eyes you make little cuts in the back edge but like the Audi's it will just be frosted from the back.

I'll see if I have any perspex handy and make a quick example.

1.2 16v
Everyone has their opinion on these running lights. But if some people like the style it has, let them.

Personally I really like it. I actually got some interior lights for crimbo that I'm going to place into my lights. It will take a bit of work for what I want but I will always be able to take it out 20x quicker because it's just a case of giving it a good tug if I don't like it.

I've taken some pics tonight, but obviously the camera is shite n I don't think of the photo glare when it's dark... I'll get some better pics tomorrow when it's light.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358120331.146980.jpg

The photo just doesn't do it justice. This isn't actually in, I quickly placed it there to see f it would work ( I know it looks wonky very slightly and not the full length but once it's in properly it will be)

My side lights are slightly orange but they'll be going white before these go in :)