ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DayZ:SA

Not a 320d
Is the stand alone worth getting?

£20 isnt bad but is it going to be DayzMod all over again - Hackers and bugs?

Ive held out thus far and not bought it but I do quite fancy playing it again. I havent got the brain to play fast paced shooters anymore and prefer the slower pace of DayZ. Not sure I have the patience to play legit when there are going to be hoardes of hackers either.

Is anyone a fan of it?

Obligatory Image....

CCBD12191277F1E5A82233B4C3BB71E1CCFDFC02

LY R26 #288
I've played it a little bit and it seems pretty good. Its a bit buggy but not bad at all really considering. My pal makes some really good videos of him and his 'crew' playing on dayz SA.

Check his vids out and you might get some idea on what to expect.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TehJamJar

Not a 320d
I've played it a little bit and it seems pretty good. Its a bit buggy but not bad at all really considering. My pal makes some really good videos of him and his 'crew' playing on dayz SA.

Check his vids out and you might get some idea on what to expect.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TehJamJar

HA!

f**king subbed mate. Thats a good channel that. Rare to find one thats interesting these days.

Thats some funny s**t

Last edited by a moderator:
  Fiesta ST-3
I bought it yesterday, installed and had a quick 5 mins of running around aimlessly looking for some food. Then get eaten by a zombie.

I need to have a read about what to do!!

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
IMO it is definitely worth a buy for £20, but as it is still in Alpha don't expect a polished product.

As it stands it is very buggy, and far from a finished game, I've owned it for a while but I haven't put much time into it due to that.

Not a 320d
IMO it is definitely worth a buy for £20, but as it is still in Alpha don't expect a polished product.

As it stands it is very buggy, and far from a finished game, I've owned it for a while but I haven't put much time into it due to that.

Yeah I dont want to play it until its a little more refined. I appreciate its alpha but I wont stay interested in the game forever and want to enjoy the game.

LY R26 #288
Yeah he's channel is good. That's what got me into dayz. He's doing so well from his YouTube vids he jacked his job and does it full time. Good luck to him. There's some proper comical videos on his channel.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Its a pain in the ass, if you fall over and break your leg, you have to wait and die and it takes forever..

Monaro VXR
Its a pain in the ass, if you fall over and break your leg, you have to wait and die and it takes forever..

Why you really need a friend to help, they can heal you. One of the things that's put me off, I need people to play with really as on your own you just get picked off so easily. Mate bought it, then moaned he couldn't find food raged and quit lol.

To be fair though, he is also the only person I know to have ever rage quit Minecraft. It was kind of hilarious.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Why you really need a friend to help, they can heal you. One of the things that's put me off, I need people to play with really as on your own you just get picked off so easily. Mate bought it, then moaned he couldn't find food raged and quit lol.

To be fair though, he is also the only person I know to have ever rage quit Minecraft. It was kind of hilarious.

Last part made me laugh..

Biggest issue is the map is that big, it takes forever to find the person your playing with and its even harder with a broken leg, iv noticed that it takes a hell of alot of effort to kill a zombie to..

Monaro VXR
There are maps online that give loot locations. Thing is people will sit and camp at decent weapon locations. Everyone mostly spawns around the same location within a couple towns so provided you read the town and look at the map you can meet up pretty quickly.

Zombies, they are easily avoided if you're careful. If you run, once they lose line of sight with you not that hard to sneak away. Sod going against them without a decent weapon though.

Not a 320d
Damm i really want to get into this again thanks to his channel.

I really do think the game is going to be a pain in the ass though.

LY R26 #288
Its one of them games that can be quiet boring but then you can have times where you have intense fire fights against other players, or even meet some decent players.

I think I've put in about 11 hours so far. As for finding food, its not hard. Food can be found practically anywhere.

Its unlike anything I've ever played before. All because once your dead you have to start fresh. So you play it very carefully and you have to be constantly on the ball.

I don't know what my mate makes money on. I know he's got just over 30k subs in six months since he started.

Not a 320d
It's good. But it's still a little empty. Whole new engine overhaul coming soon.

Was hoping you'd respond !

You know much about it other than whats searchable in google do you?

I really think the arma engine suits the game down to the ground. Id hate to see it end up like WarZ.

Not a 320d
Sod it. Doesnt look ready enough to play yet so ill hold out. They need to get a good animator in as well. View model animation is a joke.

LY R26 #288
So pissed. Was playing this last night when I ran into some American kid who said he was friendly. b*****d shot me when I let my guard down haha. My computer is shite. Need to upgrade it's so laggy in the big cities.

Not a 320d
Soooo. Bought this. Got it installed. Cant connect to any servers. There arent many by the look of it so how does it have so many players? I just get bad version/

Great start

Not a 320d
Holy f**king s**t its actually impossible to connect to servers. Ive been online for about 10 mins today before session was lost.

LY R26 #288
Really? I haven't had any problems. I just tend to join servers with the lowest ping. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to connect.

Not a 320d
Had another crack at it. If they sorted out the mele combat - and improved the movement mechanics itd be fine. LONG way to go yet.

LY R26 #288
It has got a long way to go hence why its an ALPHA. but that said, they bring out updates quiet often, I'd say at least once a month if not more.

You can't purchase a game that's in ALPHA expecting it to be a polished product lol.

Not a 320d
Not atall I totally agree. But to release something this s**t is a disgrace. They should work on the zombies and player movement and animations before they go releasing new gunz and s**t.

Also how come I need to eat every 5 minutes. And it rains every 5 minutes.

LY R26 #288
They are working on animations all the time, im pretty sure a load were added in the 0.49 patch released this week.

I enjoy the game, yeah its frustrating when it glitches etc but I went in to it not expecting anything so was not disappointed. I've put just over 20 hours into it so far and I keep going back.

Not a 320d
Out of interest do the characters reset every wednesday? I am doing OK for a change. Best I avoid connecting tomorrow all together? Ive only been playing a week so not sure

LY R26 #288
No characters should not reset. Only reason they reset the other week was the update to the game. If you should connect to a server and it says you'll be re spawned in x amount of seconds back out and reconnect before it spawns you. It's a bug. Just keep trying to reconnect or try different servers and your old character should spawn.

Not a 320d
Yeah but the game is awful. LONG way to go. As said its empty currently and I think when its actually released itll be way past its sell by date unless the new engine brings it forward enough. Its still great fun and can be tense at times but once youve kitted out (which can take HOURS) what is there to do other than kill people.

The mod was great fun but i think running scripts to spawn helis and weapons made it playable and tolerable in the end. Also I played with a few mates at the time and rented a server which we abused by locking it and just looting weaponry, duping it and stashing it in a base with all the vehicles. Plus we were server hopping - flying everywhere, parking up then jumping server and when we died wed just go back on our own server and kit ourselves out. I think we were so sick of being turned into animals and stuff we decided that was the only way to really enjoy the game.

LY R26 #288
Apparently modding will be released in the future. I've got stupidly hooked onto it. I'm hoping to upgrade my pc this week as current pc is pants and struggles to run the game at low settings in built up areas.

Apparently they'll be able to sort out the zombies and stuff with the new engine. So will look forward to that. I watched an hour long q&a video with dean hall the other day. Some interesting questions were raised and answered. Worth a watch.

Not a 320d
Yeah i have seen it mate. Im hooked again.

Had an interesting few hours last night. Got shot with that last character - some fucker was waiting for me in the barracks and shot me on the way in - my fault as id logged out in one set of barracks so had no chance to listen out for people. Respawned at the boat and managed to get a magnum with bullets, saw a player running along the coast who had a few weapons and followed him for about 20 minutes before he went in a construction site so gunned the poor b*****d down as he came down the stairs. Had allsorts of s**t on him - im fully kitted out with sks and scope now :)

Strange how some players go down with a single bullet, yet others manage to take about 20 rounds and not get killed

LY R26 #288
Lol sounds like a bit of banditry to me pal! I try to play the good guy if I can help it lol. New pic is built and running it at full settings, it looks amazing now. Night and day to minimum settings. And it's smooth! Well pleased. Spent hours on it yesterday. I'm not running into many people at the moment though even on busy servers. Took a trip to novo as there's always usually people there, couldn't find anyone really. Tried to jump up a rock and the game glitched and I died instantly. I was gutted as I was nicely kitted out with a mosin, scope and compensator with plenty of ammo. I couldn't believe it when I hit respawn and spawned up over the other side of novo so I dashed back to my body and managed to get my stuff back! Lol