ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCi 65 Idle problem

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Hi guys,

Tried a search but only found clio sport problems, nothing really about the DCi's.

I've noticed an idle problem with my sisters DCi, mainly when cold, it can't keep idle and when its warm, you can't really see the idle problem on the dials but you can feel it slightly. It revs fine through the gears and driving around etc, its just at stand still.

Soon after i noticed this, the car then was jerking on the motorway with an engine light coming on, took it to the garage and they cleaned the injector.

Its been fixed now, its can go on the motorway now and keeps its speed fine no problem. But the idle problem is still there.

Any ideas guys?

172 Ph1
Its round the back of the engine below the air filter , i see if i can get a pic up and point it out.
connects the exhaust gasses through to the inlet manifold air flow stream

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
i have a similar prob... when you check the egr valve what do you do to check it?
i have had it out before but donet recall any moving parts on it? parts that stick, so maybe it is stuck on mine?

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Whoops didn't see the engine management light warning bit. Yeah could be EGR. There's a great guide over on cliodci.net with pictures and a video.

:)

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Well i've just cleaned it today, was full of junk but was pretty easy to those who haven't cleaned them.

But the idle problem is still there. Its like its chuddering/coughing on idle. It can can on the motorway a lot easier now after the injectors were cleaned, havn't had the warning light come on yet.

Any other ideas to solve the chudder on idle? or does it need new injectors?