ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dCi - the "turbo whistle" is really loud with bad performance

Well the topic title is the best I can explain it, getting bad perfomance acceleration wise with top end still being good. Any ideas on whats up?

How much could it cost me to get it sorted? Also for some reason it feels like my engine is on a cold start all the time, I have a feeling its going to pop >_<

How much could it cost me to get it sorted? Also for some reason it feels like my engine is on a cold start all the time, I have a feeling its going to pop >_<

EGR clean can be done yourself just to to have some spanners etc.

IF you've got any warning light see dealership who can fault code then tell you whats wrong.

Renault Clio 1.5 DCI
Cleaning the EGR valve on mine DCI did not helped. I had it changed. The EGR valve itself costs about £300 (thats what I payed).

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Some are blocked to extreme!

New EGR is about 100 quid ish off the top of my head and it will make a big difference if it is blocked.

Paul

CB600FS
Batfastard is yours a 65bhp? I'd start checking your pipes aswell as the pipe that leaves your air filter down to the turbo, if these split it'll give you a loud whistle, check all your jubilee clips are on tight holding all the pipes on.

dCi 100
Just to mention that there is a DIY EGR cleaning guide on www.dcioffice.net, if you guys need it.

EGR on diesels are only closed at WOT (wide open throttle), so you might have a blocked EGR :)

But check your pipes, too.
Cheers!