ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCS Black Shark. Anyone got it?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
That is awesome!!!!!!!

Looks good, doesn't it? I'm an absolute sucker for military sims. My favourite to date was M1 Tank Platoon on the Amiga. Looks horribly dated now, but back then I was just so hooked on it. If ever they make a third installment of that, I'll be buying it for sure.

On any game and on any platform, I don't think you can beat a top notch military sim that has you inserting into a target zone - taking out the target and then extracting from the area intact. The days of F-19 Stealth Fighter (on the C64 and the Amiga) were another fave of mine. Sneaking in undetected at 200ft to take out an airfield, deep in Libyan territory and then getting the hell out of there.

Very difficult, but so rewarding. Comparing games like these to modern days FPS offerings is like saying that the Sistine Chapel can be achieved with a notepad and a pack of Crayolas. The depth and the tension just simply doesn't compare.

D.

Cupra
We have a couple of surplus dual heads at work... I keep on meaning to borrow one to see if it is any good. Sadly there aren't any triple heads in the building.

Game looks great tough.

Best set up I ever tried was at work in the flight sims. I got to have a go at flying a 747 in a full size c**kpit, moving cabin etc. Loved it. I dread to think how much their hardware cost though!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
We have a couple of surplus dual heads at work... I keep on meaning to borrow one to see if it is any good. Sadly there aren't any triple heads in the building.

Game looks great tough.

Best set up I ever tried was at work in the flight sims. I got to have a go at flying a 747 in a full size c**kpit, moving cabin etc. Loved it. I dread to think how much their hardware cost though!

Lol! Not quite as good a story, but I heard of server support guy, whose office was pretty much next door to the boardroom at this corporate building.

He worked the nightshift and in the boardroom, they had the full blown projector and surround sound speakers setup and he used to bring his top-spec laptop in and connect that to the projector.

He had another smaller laptop monitoring the servers (i.e. - the job he was actually supposed to do!) - but he spent most of his time flying 747s on trans-Atlantic routes in real time via his own laptop. Good use of company resources, if you ask me! :cool:

D.

^^LOL he must have bene knackered after a transatlantic flight each night! Did he get to knob the air hostesses? ;)

PS what sort of graphics card do you need to run a 3 monitor setup?

Just normal and that box thing does the rest or do you need 6 295's in line lol?