ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Debadged Mk3 clio

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
The other day I decided to remove the wording 'Renault' from the back of my car to make it all look a bit more symmetrical, think Im keeping the 'Clio' what does everyone think?

Anyway to cut a long story short I believe I have removed the lacquer from underneath the letters :mad: so annoyed because the rest of the car is pretty much perfect! A guy from Chips Away is going to take a look at it on Wednesday but has this happened to anyone else? What did you do/What should I do?

Cheers :)

2007 clio dynamique
how did you do it mate i just peeled mine slowly and had no problems to remove the lacquer you must have really attacked the paint lol

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Had a guy from Chips Away look at it yesterday and he took one look at it, ran his fingers over it and told me that the panel had been repainted, when he stepped back he pointed out where it has obviously previously been dented and repaired, he suggested that they must have masked the badge and re-lacquered it. So he seems fairly sure that the old lacquer is still there and that he can wet and dry it to feather the edges of the new lacquer into the old and then just machine polish it, wont be 100% but you'll have to look really close to be able to see it so hopefully get him to do that :)

You are right I should have used a heat gun or hairdryer, but in this instance it wouldnt have changed what happened, I used autogylm's adhesive/tar remover and floss to remove the actual letters :)