ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat Blanked/Bunged, Exhaust Emissions Light within an hour! :@

:mad: This is really pissing me off. I had the exhaust blanked/bunged today with the correct size bolt and had the lambda sensor secured above the heatshield and the light went off...Happy days! However when driving about an hour after doing this, it came back on! I really want to get it to stay off (without putting the cat back on) and was wondering if anyone has disconnected the sensor altogether from the wire it's attached to and if that worked? Any other permanent (without putting the cat back on) solution?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
uuurrrrmmm, i have decat, both lambdas in original positions with itbs and cams and the light has never come on. seems odd fella. i think if you completely unplug it it will go in to limp home mate

Si

RS Clio 172
The second lambda still needs to be plugged in for the emissions light to stay off. When I had a de-cat and removed the post-cat lambda the emissions light was on all the time. Since fitting a cat and plugging it back in it's off.

I'm not 100% but if you can fit both lambdas with the de-cat the light might stay off. If you're lucky. Blank it and it will come on.

The second lambda still needs to be plugged in for the emissions light to stay off. When I had a de-cat and removed the post-cat lambda the emissions light was on all the time. Since fitting a cat and plugging it back in it's off.

I'm not 100% but if you can fit both lambdas with the de-cat the light might stay off. If you're lucky. Blank it and it will come on.

Second lambda was originally plugged in and light came on after about 3 weeks of fitting decat, hence why i tried blanking the sensor hole and securing the sensor. It was ok for about an hour and then came back on - FAIL

DO NOT WANT THE s**tTY CAT AS STATED IN FIRST POST.

ITB'd MK1
Alex, the codes that came up were related to throttle potentiometer. With the lambda where it is, there's no way it can switch the light on.

monaco 172
I unplugged the lambda and the eml was on all the time.

I then clearer the code and got an Rs tuner remap and never saw the light again.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldnt leave the lambda unplugged
The place that made my custom decat made the correct fitting for the lambda to still be conected and my light hasnt came on....yet lol
0226faeb.jpg