ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat - Noise/loudness

So, my cat is dead and im going to get a decat..

My question is - all a decat is is a pipe right? So if i get a yozzasport decat, it isnt going to sound much different to a ktec for example?

I ask because i need to buy one asap. But im thinking ill just buy a yozza sport because im in a rush. But i dont think ill be getting the yozza backbox because it doesnt sound how id like. If i was to get a yozza decat and say a janspeed backbox, its not going to sound stupid is it?

Ill be ordering 2moro so i need as much info as possible please

VaVa
Yes and no, imho. Yes, because the engine breathes much better with a straight through, throttle response is improved and it seem much more eager to rev.

No because it's a f**king ball ache of a job to swap back for MOT (if you don't have a mate in the trade, of course!)

Evo 8 MR
Its not the decat thats illegal, its the fact it might not pass the Emissions test, if it passes, its fine.

Jumped the gun a bit but it's safe to say that a standard decatted clio will fail an emissions test making it unroadworthy.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
dont nwperformance do a silenced decat, anyone had this fitted? wonder if it is actualy silenced?

Cheers guys. I figured out what was up with it so all good, i think ill just get a yozza when they are back in stock

MK2 172 FF
I had a dodgy lamba sensor on my 172 which lead to the car dumping fuel onto the CAT cells and melting it. This wrecked the CAT. I took the cat off and broke the rest of the car cells off and refitted. This effectively is now a decat, the car runs much better. Its alot smoother, my MPG has got better and its quicker. MOT is in October so will worry about it then but this cost me nothing to do. Might be worth thinking about

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yozzasport De-Cats are the only ones i know off which have the slight kink in like the standard cat.

RB FF 182
I have a silenced decat... no different to standard. No noise and no performance increase that I could tell.