ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decats and the law!!

193 mk2
sorry m8, actually its good to have someone who knows the laws concerning this as its abit of a gray area!!!

A Beautiful R32
no, worries, if anyone has a question then it's not a prob checking up! lol

and if anyone is worried about posting a question then pm me... don't take any answers as legal advice though! lol

monaco blue 172 ..
Davey182 said:
At the end of the day mate it's up to you... I wouldn't but that's my choice. And I really WOULD check with your insurance company though, they do keep notes on the modifications.

Reallistically, it's just gonna be shed loads of hassle if you have to keep switching it round. Chances are you ain't gonna get caught, especially if you have a 'friendly' MOT station - but then I'm pretty sure that they can't fake an emissions test results sheet.

Your call, you know the worst that can happen, but it prob won't...
AINT ALL mot's kept on a database these days so i cant seem HOW they can fake an emmisions test ,,, unless they stick it up the wrong un lol
:rasp:

monaco blue 172 ..
Davey182 said:
At the end of the day mate it's up to you... I wouldn't but that's my choice. And I really WOULD check with your insurance company though, they do keep notes on the modifications.

Reallistically, it's just gonna be shed loads of hassle if you have to keep switching it round. Chances are you ain't gonna get caught, especially if you have a 'friendly' MOT station - but then I'm pretty sure that they can't fake an emissions test results sheet.

Your call, you know the worst that can happen, but it prob won't...
AINT ALL mot's kept on a database these days so i dont seem HOW they can fake an emmisions test ,,, unless they stick it up the wrong un lol

M2 Competition
Lol, mine is insured as the whole exhaust was replaced, from manifold back, not cat back.

They know the cats non standard, whether it has internals or not, its still in effect a cat as far as the insurers are concerned.

172 cup'd extreme
marksman said:
AINT ALL mot's kept on a database these days so i dont seem HOW they can fake an emmisions test ,,, unless they stick it up the wrong un lol

the computerized MOT sends the data from the MOT to VOSA the mot tester has to enter this information into the system. its not hard to click pass even when it hasnt

LOL:
If VOSA decide to pull you in to a testing sation they willnodoubt be very strict. if its a mobile one, less so.
If you fail the emissions test by a mediocre amount a rectification notice will be issued (14 days to rectify, MOT stamp req'd)
If the emissions failiure is of an unacceptable amount then your car can be impounded. and has to be towed to a garage. fine can be issued.
Kully,an emmsions test penalty is non endorsable. your car beomces unroadworthy and loses its MOT rights if you do not rectify fault.

by the way, Junction 20 M62 Rochdale/Oldham turnoff:- Beware Static VOSA testing station.

gunnergibson said:
LOL:
If VOSA decide to pull you in to a testing sation they willnodoubt be very strict. if its a mobile one, less so.
If you fail the emissions test by a mediocre amount a rectification notice will be issued (14 days to rectify, MOT stamp req'd)
If the emissions failiure is of an unacceptable amount then your car can be impounded. and has to be towed to a garage. fine can be issued.
Kully,an emmsions test penalty is non endorsable. your car beomces unroadworthy and loses its MOT rights if you do not rectify fault.

by the way, Junction 20 M62 Rochdale/Oldham turnoff:- Beware Static VOSA testing station.

ok .......cheers , have heard of road side testings before but not what the outcome was .

Clio 182
I told my new insurance company about my decat and they said they would not insure me with it on and to put my cat back on before the policy starts. I'd be more worried about not getting a pay out in a crash more then a roadside stop to be honest.

R

rich[182]

These cat threads crop up now and again, Only my opinion but I just couldn't be bothered with the hastle of replacing it each MOT or the potential hastle with the insurers or police, Rather spend £175 on modded inlet manifold instead if I had a choice of the two