ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Declaring Decat? Brentacre. Anyone Done It?

172 Silver Cup
I have just changed my insurance company to Brentacre and so far I cant fault them. Very Competative price and extremely helpfull (Scanned Cover Note so I could get tax that day ;) ) Anyway I have all the paper work through now and I was wondering do I write down I have a decat? I am guessing no as it is a MOT failure (well mine is). Has anyone done it?

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
I believe most declare decats as straight through, allthough not 100% sure on this, a decat is an illegal mod so i doubt it would be insured.

Skoda Fabia vRS
well seeing as you wouldnt pass an MOT with one, doesnt that make everything invalid, your MOT, Tax, and Insurance ?

Bus w**ker
MOT is only to say that the car is legal at the time of testing though isn't it?

Brentacre won't care I'd doubt, it's a performance part and they insurance performance cars so you won't be the first or last person. Plus not declaring would validate your insurance anyway and it's not like declaring it is going to up your premium with Brentacre anyway.