ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Demister?

clio 172
ok i went out tonight in the car and my front window wouldnt de-mist! not fun! i read somewhere a long time ago that this could be due to the pollen filter? is that correct?

had the heater on full heat and full whack.

cheers.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Did you not put the a/c on ?

For the sake of <£10, change the pollen filter as suggested. Top left under the scuttle panel with the bonnet up. Two tiny M6's IIRC and slide the cover out. Pretty easy job really.

Nimbus Clio 197
Aircon is a brilliant demister, mine keeps misting up at the moment so will be looking to change the pollen filter too.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Aircon is a brilliant demister, mine keeps misting up at the moment so will be looking to change the pollen filter too.

From experience, I do find cars with a/c steam up much much faster than those without.. I'd guess it's the different rates of flow from outside through the HVAC unit.

But obviously as a/c is basically just a de-humidifier, the windows clear quick and stay clear with it on.

clio 172
I got a pollen filter for £6 off ebay so will do that and then get my buddy to regas the beast. Thankd for your help folk

clio 172
mine is a sport? how do i know if its a sport or not? surely all 172's are sport by virtue?
it does have a pollen filter under the driver side panel on the window. actually surprisingly easy to change and i'm a howler with cars.