ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailed - Frozen White Fiesta ST

Megane R26
Today's detail was on a rather tasty looking Frozen White Fiesta ST. The owner James has a great detailing collection, but most of it was still sealed, so it hadn't seen much love in a while.

In general, the car was quite dirty, and covered in dead insects and general grime:

P1010363.jpg

P1010365.jpg

P1010366.jpg

I cleaned using the following process:

- Pre Spray with CG Citrus Degreaser (love this stuff!)
- Snow Foam with Hyper Wash
- Rinsed off
- Wheels, tyres and arches cleaned with Megs APC
- Shuts and sills cleaned with Megs APC and Envy Brush
- Snow foamed again with Hyper Wash, then rinsed
- Hand washed with Dodo BTBM
- Clayed with Sonus Grey and Dodo Born Slippy
- Washed again then dried

P1010374.jpg

At this point, I assessed the paintwork to try and ascertain which products I'd need to correct the paint.

Having previously owned a Fiesta ST, I was expecting this one to be nice and easy, and expected the Dodo Lime Prime/3M Pad/Rotary combo to do the business... but it failed! :doublesho

I also took some paint readings at this point, and the average was about 350microns!! The paint was surprisingly tough! In the end, I opted for Menzerna 203S and a Menz Orange Polishing pad via Chicago Rotary.

A quick correction shot:

P1010375.jpg

P1010378.jpg

I did struggle a touch to achieve 100% correction on all of the panels, I'd say it was about 80-90%, which wasn't bad given the time we had to work with, and the poor condition of the paint we started out with.

After 203S, I refined with LP, then added 2 layers of Supernatural and used Britemax #6S as a final wipedown.

The after shots don't really do this one justice, but luckily the owner has a Canon 50D and a £800 lense, so some tasty SLR shots will follow :D

P1010389.jpg

P1010390.jpg

P1010392.jpg

P1010394.jpg

P1010400.jpg

P1010401.jpg

This one was hard work, but James' company made the time fly - good to catch up buddy.

Cheers,
Russ.

Megane R26
Thanks folks :)

He has them faded over the roof too, they look great. The car got soooo much attention from passers by.

Megane R26
Don't forget your £1.50 for the Cornetto and Coke x

One more to go before Trax - got a Red 197 to do tomoz!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Dont you get sick of it? I got fucked off doing my RB so only did a half arsed job of it.... I find im more motivated doing other peoples cars/getting paid for it.

You seem to be cramming them all in! Do mine for 50p?

Megane R26
This has been the most tiring week of my life tbh lol

I don't give my own car as much love as I have these others recently. I'll be sticking to 1-2 cars per week from now on though. Got to keep standards high!

The biggest PITA is washing towels and pads.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
This has been the most tiring week of my life tbh lol

I don't give my own car as much love as I have these others recently. I'll be sticking to 1-2 cars per week from now on though. Got to keep standards high!

The biggest PITA is washing towels and pads.
FFS i know what you mean. Thats the worst bit about it... What about when you detail a red car and it completely f***s your pad up!! I never know weather its ok to re use as even with a mix of APC and water there is still paint on the pad.

Like your threads anywho so keep it up!

120d M Sport
^ Crazy bloke the Russ! x

Love the last two shots, really show the gloss. Supernatural (on top of your work ;)) really seems to do the business on light colour does it not!

Megane R26
This is true, but luckily he's a published photographer with 15 year's experience.

We should have them later today.

Cheers for the comments folks :)

Russ.

Porsche Boxster987S
great work mate (again). Like the before and after shots of the rear quarter;)