ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing and vindication – (a bit wordy).

Clio 182ff
greetings all,

Last weekend, during the first public holiday stint (while on a visit to the rents), I spent 8-9 hours detailing and machine polishing my car properly. It was, (as you guys know) an absolute epic explosion of effort! In stark contrast to my usual standards of sedimentary, sofa based TV and scoffing :D

For my sins, I have a BG 1*2 which requires constant attention for it’s upkeep, which has subsequently, lead to a total arms race and extra cost outside the remit of a normal motorist for cleaning kit and related machinery.

So, last weekend when I had completed the massive polishing and waxing exercise, (although very happy with the glossy results), I found myself still questioning whether my efforts were in vain and that I had turned a maddening corner from normalcy to OCD, car obsessed freak!

At that moment, I became a little depressed – could those 8 or 9 hours have been better spent? Maybe…certainly my gf, friends and neighbours think I am crazy or at least a little weird – after all to the untrained eye, it is just a Clio???

I drove my car back home and was then further annoyed by the millions of Kamikaze insects festooned to my windscreen, bonnet and bumper! I was so despondent I decide to leave it till this weekend to fix and clean.

Earlier today I gathered the usual suspects of detailing pieces, shampoo, pressure washer and finishing wax in a less then happy mood ‘car is filthy, here we go again’ mode of thought… :(

I began with a quick cold water rinse and concentrated on those suicidal insects with the hose …..However, reverently, magic started to happen. As a fool, I had completely forgotten about the utter joy of water beading! As the water dispersed over the car the awesome BG paint colour really shone thru – all dirt, muck and insect carcass just fell away in the wake and after a quick towel dry, the car was a prize winner again. For ‘sod all’ effort, my car looked as epic as the week before – my neighbour across the street was so impressed, came over in confusion and asked how I had gotten such a result from a garden hose and towel lol?

I fell in love with the car again, totally vindicated that my 8-9 hours the weekend before was well spent and that now (with a little future upkeep of waxing), cleaning my car will be an effortless delight!

All I can say to you CS rabble is that investing in detailing items, especially a machine polisher, IS worth it and as many have shown on this site; the results are amazing and appreciated.

P.S sorry, no photos as it is now raining lol – onwards!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I felt exactly the same when I 1st used a friends machine polisher on the GF's gold. 3 weeks later I had bought my own:rasp:

Clio 172
I spent nearly 12 hours on my 172 yesterday, the mrs thinks im a total fruitloop asking me "Cant u just wash it and that will do?" It looks awesome tho. I will be putting a thread up tomorrow

Clio 182ff
I spent nearly 12 hours on my 172 yesterday, the mrs thinks im a total fruitloop asking me "Cant u just wash it and that will do?" It looks awesome tho. I will be putting a thread up tomorrow

lol, yeah - they just don't get it do they. 12hrs thou! would like to see the pics :)