ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah they are imo crap. I bought a lh15 MK2 after always wanting one. It was loud (normal apparently) and stalled easily. If you Google stall issues there are plenty. Sold easily on eBay but I would never buy one again.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Wish I was good at this / enjoyed it and wanted to be good at it. 14 hours later (still need to do inside) and a good improvement but still some light swirls in direct sun light. Managed to get a few bird poo stains out and some light scratches so a good overall improvement to the state of the car.

Thanks to @Sir Nancy Flowers for the tips and videos 🤣

Also.. wear gloves with Autobrite liquid wax. Looks like i’ve had a good time with one of The Simpsons ffs.

IMG_2831.jpeg
AC6EDD18-07B7-44FD-B9EF-FA737D587248.jpeg
BBF28381-3D8A-4DD5-B115-D4330C8E15A0.jpeg

NickReilly063

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy Rs265
Black is a b*****d to get right so I sent this to the bodyshop for a buff as I’m no expert with one - no swirls now.

IMG_3111.jpeg

However I was trying out my buffing skills on this last week as I do find it satisfying when it turns out nice -

IMG_3104.jpeg
IMG_3099.jpeg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Kev. Id love a rupes but I just cant justify the price. I only do 1-2 corrections a year at most so its just not needed. The shinemate is £200!

For what its worth, I think im going to grab the mini shinemate rotary, purely so i can grab the mini extension kit so I can get round all the badges etc without removing them! Reports are that, at a push, it can also be used to do the rest of the car IF my DA does die. Ill have a think but im also considering the shinemate @imprezaworks aswell.

Only problem is, the cost of everything almost eats all my profit out the job 🤣
Sorry I meant a budget version da. Like the new das 21 and shinemate. Etc.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Cheers guys.

I think I've made my mind up. I'm gonna grab the mini shine mate rotary and the extension kit for it. That takes me to nearly £200 anyway. The extension kit is amazing. Perfect for getting into tight areas and badges etc. that's the main reason I wanted one anyway as the tight angle on the F Type sill is my main concern.

If, big IF, my old DA does die mid session then at least this rotary can allow me to finish the job. I may grab a Rupes waffle pad (X2) for jeweling anyway.

Cheers!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
For reference, this is the main area of concern. Highlighted yellow (kind of). Stock Google image and it's hard to see. But it's ridiculously tight in here. Almost a 45° angle. And, of course, being a sill it's swirl city so going at it by hand isn't a torture I wish upon myself 🤣

1714022660637.png

To get round that, Ive found this kit on eBay for £62

1000122962.jpg

Looks awesome!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Yeah, im gonna give that a swerve I think @imprezaworks

Im sure its fine, but with some of the motors I work on, I just cant take the risk. Same way id never use TFR.

Annoyingly, after a reasonably big purchase from In2Detailing (Coating, mini rotary, rotary extension kit and some other bits) they didnt have BH in stock. Bit annoying, but is what it is. The only upside is that it was ancitipated to arrive Monday but its coming today instead meaning ill get a chance to play over the weekend!

20240425_194631.jpg

Nice little haul from the Autosmart man too. Excited to give Smart Wheels and G101 a go as ive heard good things. Toothbrush is for blowing pads out too ;)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, im gonna give that a swerve I think @imprezaworks

Im sure its fine, but with some of the motors I work on, I just cant take the risk. Same way id never use TFR.

Annoyingly, after a reasonably big purchase from In2Detailing (Coating, mini rotary, rotary extension kit and some other bits) they didnt have BH in stock. Bit annoying, but is what it is. The only upside is that it was ancitipated to arrive Monday but its coming today instead meaning ill get a chance to play over the weekend!

View attachment 1690014

Nice little haul from the Autosmart man too. Excited to give Smart Wheels and G101 a go as ive heard good things. Toothbrush is for blowing pads out too ;)

Smart Wheels is decent from what I remember when I used to use it.

You'll want gloves on, which I'm sure you will have anyway. I seem to remember it having a slimy/well lubricated feeling to it if you got it on your hands.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Smart Wheels is decent from what I remember when I used to use it.

You'll want gloves on, which I'm sure you will have anyway. I seem to remember it having a slimy/well lubricated feeling to it if you got it on your hands.
Nice, thanks for the heads up.

The AS rep told me he tends to use it neat on his wifes car after a blast with the pressure washer. I wont be doing that. Iirc the bottle says 1:3 so ill dilute that way to start with. As I told him, I dont tend to work on minging cars that often so I wont be needing to crack out Smart Wheels that often, but its super handy to have it around nonetheless.

And, yes, I have about 400 pairs of gloves on standby lol. Gator Gripz ones, theyre absolutely ace

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Nice, thanks for the heads up.

The AS rep told me he tends to use it neat on his wifes car after a blast with the pressure washer. I wont be doing that. Iirc the bottle says 1:3 so ill dilute that way to start with. As I told him, I dont tend to work on minging cars that often so I wont be needing to crack out Smart Wheels that often, but its super handy to have it around nonetheless.

And, yes, I have about 400 pairs of gloves on standby lol. Gator Gripz ones, theyre absolutely ace

Yeah neat is way OTT on average dirt wheels 😅

Think I used to dilute it even more than the 1:3 and still cleaned up well.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Yeah neat is way OTT on average dirt wheels 😅

Think I used to dilute it even more than the 1:3 and still cleaned up well.
Thats what i thought! Then again, we dont know the circumstances. It might just be some utter beater that gets its wheels properly washed twice a year. But, yeah, not a chance ill be going in neat!

I have got 2 proper rotters coming in over the next few weeks so ill give it a go at 1:3 and see how that fairs. Can always change the ratio if its not cutting it.

Thanks for the advice :)