ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Not a 320d
I think Sonax is awesome personally. Not the slickest of finishes immediately after but it seems to settle down and it's not very often that I rub my naked skin against my car paintwork...

Sheeting and beading performance lasts for ages and it's so easy to apply. I've never had an issue with smearing or needed a second MF to remove. Probably no better than C2V3 which I have no experience of but it's the best thing I've ever used.

Agree, and the water performance is miles better. C2 was good, but looked like a wax after 1-2 washes. Sonax looks like a fresh wax (Think Glasur/Carbon beading hours after application) even after washing about 4 times. It just lasts and lasts.

I applied it to my dads car which is a 10 plate and was last protected with wolfs about 2 years ago and is now contaminated to s**t and it beads really really well. Doubt itll last that long but for a quick spray and wipe its seriously impressive s**t.

Only downside is that rough finish. Does make you think FFS during application. but then when its done its all better.

Excellent. Does that mean I no longer have to reply to your moaning...

No, no.

Ill still troll.

It sort of upsets me that you dislike me this much. I thought we were forum buddies.

Not a 320d
What was your reasoning to change back in the end? the smearing?

Black cars FTL

Yep, couldn't manage it, made a right f**king mess diluted or not. Plus the water behavior wasnt all that impressive when Sonax did the same thing (for me) but cheaper. C2v3 is great and more versatile than Sonax. Lovely finish from c2v3. But the beading from teh sonax......

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Very surprised at that. I've been nothing but impressed by C2. The finish is so slick also. That was one of the stand out things.

I would add it works better with polished/decontaminated paintwork. Adds another level of slickness.

Not a 320d
Mine has CQUK on it. I mentioned before I wiped down with Sonax IPA to clean it up before application.

Its probably because my car is black.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Great top up, but G1 shouldn't REALLY need topping up. Fresh blades and 3 layers of G1 should be good for at least 12-18 months.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
More than likely but wipers will remove c2 via abrasion eventually.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Dlux - when opened how long does it last in the bottle?

the c5 I bought a year or so ago went off pretty quick after I'd used most of it

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think if you keep it properly properly sealed. Tight lid and air proof container you'll get a while out it.

Is it for sale? ;)

Mini Cooper S JCW
So i want to up my game and move onto using a da polisher. Will no doubt be a das6.
Which pad and polish combo will be good for me to start off with? 5inch pate for large areas and a smaller one for bumpers ect?
The clio has only some light swirls and the odd mark. By no means bad as its been well cared for.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I think if you keep it properly properly sealed. Tight lid and air proof container you'll get a while out it.

Is it for sale? ;)

Sorry but I'm gonna use it on some plastics on the Megane (it's the same as c4 right?)

theres not enough to even do a full set of wheels in there anyway

Golf GT & A4 Avant
So i want to up my game and move onto using a da polisher. Will no doubt be a das6.
Which pad and polish combo will be good for me to start off with? 5inch pate for large areas and a smaller one for bumpers ect?
The clio has only some light swirls and the odd mark. By no means bad as its been well cared for.

Chemical guys hexlogic pads, black or white, green and orange

Menzerna polishes 106fa and 203s, maybe 3.02

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Does anybody else hate doing car interiors as much as me?

I'll happily clean my car for hours externally but when it comes to the inside its a quick vacuum of the mats and carpets and a wipe of the dash etc.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

I'll happily clean my car for hours externally but when it comes to the inside its a quick vacuum of the mats and carpets and a wipe of the dash etc.

I despise interiors!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I don't do interiors. Ever.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Can anyone reccomend a nice little pressure washer for me? Not wanting to spend mega money, something cheap, small and easy to pack away. Want a fairly long hose though! Looking at the Karcher K2 Compact but, the hose is only 3m (I'd probably just buy an extension hose)

M2 Comp
Can anyone reccomend a nice little pressure washer for me? Not wanting to spend mega money, something cheap, small and easy to pack away. Want a fairly long hose though! Looking at the Karcher K2 Compact but, the hose is only 3m (I'd probably just buy an extension hose)

I have a Nillfisk C110, it was only £49.99 brand new and is more than good enough.

The hose isn't the longest, but I bought an extension off eBay which was about £30 or so.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I have a Nillfisk C110, it was only £49.99 brand new and is more than good enough.

The hose isn't the longest, but I bought an extension off eBay which was about £30 or so.

Great little machine though.

Trophy #491
Used iron X for the first time Saturday. Wow what a product!

And it really does smell as bad as people say!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Wanting to get some sealant on the glass of my car after just driving 200 miles in rain it made me realise how badly I need it.

What would you order? G4?

What prep work would I need to do? I have the sample of G6 that came with the Waxybox.

You need G1 mate.

Clean then clay the glass, that should get rid of anything underneath then apply 3 coats of G1 to the windscreen and 1 to the rear window, then remove after 15 mins with the residue remover or just a glass cleaner and glass cloth.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
You need G1 mate.

Clean then clay the glass, that should get rid of anything underneath then apply 3 coats of G1 to the windscreen and 1 to the rear window, then remove after 15 mins with the residue remover or just a glass cleaner and glass cloth.

This ^

G4 is a glass polish used to help prep the glass and bond well with G1

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Ah ok cheers fellas, Will get some ordered and may as well throw a bottle of C2v3 in the basket as I want to try it :)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
b*****d! I ordered normal IX on Saturday too should have waited. Although its a fair bit dearer?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I must be sick in the head as I don't find the smell all that bad on normal IX..... Yes it's not delicious but I expected much worse.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I agree it's only really bad if you try to snort it like a bit of Charlie, normal use it's acceptable IMO.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols. The dw thread was funny. Folk still sticking there nose right in the bottle. Mongos!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Just signed up to Detailing World, I guess this is when it goes from a hobby to an obsession?