ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

That'd be nice cheers :)

ill give you a shout when I get my new products ready to clean the car

I'll drop it off when I drop that picture off sometime next week for you. It's only a small sample so I'm not fussed about getting it back :)

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Clio don't have enough textured trim really. The top front grille and lower grilles need sprayed. Only really way to get them dark.

The top grille is actually painted a grey metallic hence it looking faded all the time.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
My friends laugh at me. :(

e8uje7eh.jpg

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
What's the best product to use to get rid of some really stubborn dirt/brake dust on my alloys?
And also a good product to protect them once cleaned thoroughly ?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
What's the best product to use to get rid of some really stubborn dirt/brake dust on my alloys?
And also a good product to protect them once cleaned thoroughly ?

Iron X, Iron Out, Dragons Breath etc.

Depends how serious you are about getting them cleaned and sealed.

GT C5 is seemingly one of the best sealants but wheels need to be properly prepped before applying.

C2v3 can be sprayed on and will offer some protection but not loads as is not a dedicated wheel sealant.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I've never actually ordered from CYC however Toby has put me off them forever! I only really use elite or PB now.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
CYC orders are so hit and miss. But to order for any where else means ordering from several places and extra postage.

Elite car care seem to have a decent range as an alternative. I'd still rather choose i4d but just can't get everything I need right now

Not a 320d
Haha oh @Cliotoby , I think your anti-CYC attitude has actually rubbed off on me even though they've never done anything wrong to me!

Good :p

CYC orders are so hit and miss. But to order for any where else means ordering from several places and extra postage.

Elite car care seem to have a decent range as an alternative. I'd still rather choose i4d but just can't get everything I need right now

Elite deserve your money mate. They are brilliant. Absolutely fantastic. Always deliver stuff the day you order it and it arrives on your door the following day (unless I am just lucky).

They also do those nice black sponges. Only thing they dont stock is Sonax QD.

Elite - If youre reading this. Stock Sonax (Full Effect and BSD) so I can buy from you and not Tim.

Matt (i4detailing) is also brilliant. PB is also good and their free delivery arrives faster than CYC.

I avoid CYC now except for Sonax.

Ever wake up on a Saturday morning waiting for the post man after you paid Saturday delivery for an order you made the day before, only to find that hes just got spam and tax bills and no detailing gear for the full detail you had planned for the sunny weekend ahead?

Thats the CYC experience.

Arctic 182
Cliotoby Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with CYC? Personal thing or just in general?

I've ordered from CYC twice now & both times I was sure I waited a few days too long. Will def be using Elite or i4d from now on.

Not a 320d
I was sure I waited a few days too long.

I know that feel bro. Read my last post.

Ive made 49 orders with CYC dating back to June 2007. Trust me I know how you feel. I made 7 orders with him in 2013 and they ALL contained Sonax BSD or Sonax Full Effect, or C2V3 when I used it for a few months.

Not a 320d
Cyc never seem to process the order for a few days and delay in getting it posted. Then it's in the hands of DPD

Its a never ending spiral mate. Generally doesn't get processed for at least 24 hours, usually more. Then a 2 day wait for attempted postage, then a trip down to your local DPD warehouse for collection.

And you dont get sweets! FFS

i4d send you pink bubblegum. You get fridge magnets from Elite but im sure they send sweets too.

f**king insulting.

Arctic 182
I know that feel bro. Read my last post.

Ive made 49 orders with CYC dating back to June 2007. Trust me I know how you feel. I made 7 orders with him in 2013 and they ALL contained Sonax BSD or Sonax Full Effect, or C2V3 when I used it for a few months.

Just re-read & understood it lol. It's s**t isn't it. That's me on the boycotting bandwagon then! I'm honestly so impatient for stuff to arrive though.

Edit: s**t I forgot about my pink bubalicious from i4d!!! That really made my morning :D

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It probably is but I buy online for the ease of it all so I can't be asked faffing. I just won't use them again. Their loss really haha

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Chemical guys direct orders are shocking, only ordered a few bits from them and things have either taken weeks before sent out for delivery or very poorly packaged and arrive damaged

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Do I buy another rotary?

I've had some in the past and my technique was better (dont read good) than it is with DA. I went back to a DA pro version as I typically used it with glazes and pre wax cleansers which it's been fine with. Borrowed some compounding pads and polishes to give correction another go and just found it frustrating. The loss of rotation when working arches even with spot pads etc. I didn't get bad results bit know I can achieve better. But I don't really do correction on anything apart from my own cars.

So do I change, again? Would only consider changing to something like a 3m / Milwaukee / rupes

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Forget the rupes mate. I simply couldn't recommend it to a hobbyist.

3m is a lovely machine, lightest on the market and very ergonomic. A tad noisy.

All rounder goes to the millwaukee. It's a CP in a different shell and more robust parts. Great machine if you're doing proper correction work.

I've used the Millwaukee once in about 8 months, the DA is just working so well with the correct combo.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Zymol councours or swissvax shield, probably Zymol

My Boss just called me and apologised about the size of my bonus (waah) but said he is making it up and has £200.00 of amazon vouchers on the way through one of the companies incentive schemes. As I will never ever spend that money on a wax, and I don't really need anything, I may bung it on a silly wax. Can always sell on once used/sample it out.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
gally what combo you using on the DA at the moment? I need to get new pads anyway as borrowing the AF pads and polishes from a friend at the moment just to get back into it. All I have of my own right now is scholl spot pads that I'm fairly happy with.

Found the milwaukee for £166 excluding backing plates which I'd want the 3m style so if I got a decent price the my DA pro it wouldn't be too expensive to change.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's a good price, I did only pay £130 for my 3M one through work so I was pretty lucky.

DA wise Menzerna and hex pads, offers so much versatility to me, I did change my process and methods though to get the best. I use Junkman's method now, also find it works well and corrects quicker and better via rotary rather than Zenith.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Rotary yeah, never found anything to finish better than 3m blue combo, lovely finish when jeweling etc.

Hex works well on rotary but suits DA to a tee.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
always struggled with Hex and menz with DA on heavy correction, probably technique, on softer paints, or finishing down from heavy correcting always did OK. Got some great results with hex and menz with the EP800

used the middle scholl pad and middle AF polish as a single stage on the Golf at the weekend and got decent correction with it finishing down pretty well.

Will have a look for Junkman's videos as it's been a while since I watched his stuff.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Looks good chappers11

Chemical guys delivery turned up today, minus one product that was replaced with a sorry note. Why advertise in stock if it clearly isn't ffs.