ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing.... It Hurts!!

A few weeks back I bought myself a DA Machine Polisher. Yesterday, even though the weather was terrible, I thought id have a go at detailing the car ready for FCS...

Started off with a wash in the pouring rain. Then tried to dry it off a bit.
Then clayed in the wet, only did this really quickly but it really pulled off alot of crap. Heres a pic of just 2 or 3 panel's dirt:
DSC00937.jpg

Then washed it again and took it into my girlfriends garage to dry it off...

Heres a before pic of the side of the car:
DSC00940.jpg

I then taped up the car ready to be detailed:
DSC00945.jpg

Then, went spent a good 6-8 hours going over with the DA with Menzerna Power Finish and Final Finish, then finished off with a layer of Dodo Juice Banana Armour.

Pic of side after first layer of polish:
DSC00955.jpg

Pic of side once I had finished :) :
DSC00956.jpg

Side of car again:
DSC00957.jpg

Bonnet:
DSC00960.jpg

Finished Product:
DSC00964.jpg

Also fitted my CS @ FCS sticker:
DSC00980.jpg

DSC00981.jpg

DSC00982.jpg

DSC00984.jpg

DSC00986.jpg

DSC00989.jpg

DSC00990.jpg

I didnt really do much with the wheels as im having them off before FCS to give them a proper clean.

Products used:
- Wash Mitt
- 2x Buckets
- Duragloss Shampoo
- i4d Yellow Clay Bar
- 2x Drying Towels
- AG Tar Remover
- Meguiars DA Machine Polisher
- Menzerna Power Finish
- Menzerna Final Finish
- Dodo Juice Banana Armour

Still to do before FCS:
- Clean wheels properly
- Clean out arches, whilst the wheels are off
- Clean interior

Im well happy with the results of it, its not got rid of all the swirls on the bonnet but I didnt want to do too much on my first go and mess up the paint lol.

Got to say though, after about 11 hours out there doing the car, my arms and back absolutely kills!!! FCS best be worth the effort ;)

Thanks.

LY 182
Awesome job pal. Know what you mean about it being hard work. Spent 20 mins with my Megs G220 on the previous car and was pretty worn out haha.

Golf GT TDI
that looks great.

i love the way flamers have like a gold pearl in the sun light, 8th pic at the back

Nissan 350z
All that work just to get it dirty again driving down to FCS? :rasp:

Nice one tho mate, the before and after side shots give a nice demonstration! You deffinately have alot more patience than i do.

RB One Eight Two
Amazing result! I would love to give mine a go as it needs it desperately but i don't want to screw the paintwork up.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Stickers are terrible! :(

What do you think about the clay bar mate?

Car looks fab.

Clio 182ff
Flawless mate and ignore the comments about the 'sticker' as I doubt it's not a perminent thing, just fer FCS?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Great effort - looks very tidy for an 8-year-old car. :)

I normally use the AG Tar Remover before the claying process - really does help remove a lot of crap first imo.

D.

All that work just to get it dirty again driving down to FCS? :rasp:

Nice one tho mate, the before and after side shots give a nice demonstration! You deffinately have alot more patience than i do.

Ill be washing it again on Saturday afternoon and then taking some QD down with me aswell so I can quickly go over it at FCS lol.

Also, the FCS sticker on the front bumper isnt permanent, just for the show :approve: Will probably be coming off next week ;)

Amazing result! I would love to give mine a go as it needs it desperately but i don't want to screw the paintwork up.
Tbh, I was worried about that too, but I got on with it really well... I think you would have to hold it onto the paint for a loooong time to do some real damage with the Dual Action Polisher.
What do you think about the clay bar mate?
Yea really good, ive used them before. I tried using the Meguairs clay last time but thought that the i4d stuff is a hell of alot better!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I am currently on the lookout for a flamer and this just made me HARD!!!!

Looks lovely mate