ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

detailing product present for a beginner ?

work for BMW
A mate has asked me for help as he wants to buy his dad some car cleaning products for his birthday. I don't have a clue about detailing haha so I'm asking for advice .. Budget around £50. His dad has a porches 911 and only bucket washes it.

Maybe some sort of polishing compound with a polishing cloth?

Products will be wasted unless he can try teach his dad the correct wash technique etc.

If I tried telling my dad how to wash a car though and that he should use a lambs wool mitt along with 2 buckets, he would tell me to do one. Old people are stubborn.

I would buy him something else.

work for BMW
Thanks for the help! In the end he went on to the auto finness site and bought new wash mitt, micro fibre drying towel and AF car shampoo. Nothing too fancy so he actually uses it

RB 182 cup
Buy him a lambs wool mitt, some decent wash and wax then a bottle of autoglym SRP from you local halfrauds.
Will come in at about £20 for all that. Not sure what the other £30 could be used for.
Probably some decent tire dressing gel, bumper black gel (i prefer gels to sprays) and some dash shine type stuff would be a good bet.

Detailing can become a bit of a bug and the average joe cant see the point. I use some pretty decent products and my friends think im mad.
If hes just bucket washed it all its life he probably doesnt have much interest in super anal detailing and wont use the products you buy him.