ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Spray...

C3 Picasso Beast
Going to be buying some detailing spray and looking at Jim's write ups I think he uses Zaino Z6. Had a look on i4 and reading the description it doesn't mention using it on wax so just wondering if this is OK?? Also if you don't think I should buy this what do you think I should buy instead from i4??

Thanks in advance :)

I got recommended Z6 by Gally havnt used it as yet but he rates it highly too.

I am sure the way he explained to me that once you have waxed you can then use Z6 after to bring back the shine but keep the protection.

I way I see it is after a good detail/clean and wax a few weeks later just wash and Z6 done. Hope am right.lol.

Yep, from what I understand. The Z6 will bring the wax back to life and add some durability, unlike some that reduce the durability of the coat.

I'm waiting for some to come in stock!

If ur worried about takin away some of ur wax then try dodo juice red mist. Brings back the shine and adds some protection as well

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I didn't like Z6, but love Chemical guys V7 as it has sealants in it but I wouldn't use it straight onto fresh wax as im sure it will strip it like Red Mist. I have tested it & was posative it stripped Blacklight off! :(

Or Duragloss Aqua Wax, Red Mist, Z8 and not forgetting fk425!

Oh and Chemical Guys, all their QD as great!

QD - megs no:16 Last Touch.

Top up protection, more of what is already on the car!

But I'm a wee bit stuck in my ways now.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yep, from what I understand. The Z6 will bring the wax back to life and add some durability, unlike some that reduce the durability of the coat.

I'm waiting for some to come in stock!
Z6 adds no protection but leaves that just waxed look everytime.

Z8 will do the same as Z6 but it will add some protection of it's own therefore the beading and sheeting will be from the Z8 and not from your nice wax.

Get Z6, use after washing and drying the car and even for wipe downs after applying wax. It's the best QD on the market bar none.

Look at the views in here... http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=216923

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Why?

I don't understand why you would put a layer of £100+ wax on then to cover it with some pischy Red mist or similar?

After maybe 4-5 washes top up with something like Z8 that will not only enhance the finish but will also keep the wax topped up.

Z6 is an utterly fantastic product

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Z6/Z8 is for heroes.

But genuine question why would you top a wax with Z8? You would be aswell as just forgetting the wax and using Z8 every week.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Z6 is Z8 without protection.

I have both and they'll always be in my detailing box.

Learning curve for me...

I've been using red mist on top of wax and now just realised it's pointless :eek:

It does give a great gloss imo, just used it on the gf's iPhone lol.

Genuine question.

Correct if am wrong I thought Z8 was a sealant spray? So topping a wax with a sealant is the wrong way round is it not?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lolssss!

Okay you're using the right thought process but it's not a sealant as such it's a top up product. So by using Z8 RM you're only topping the wax with a sacrifical layer.

If you top a wax with an actual sealant then it's going to affect the durability of the product. RM and Z8 aren't supposed to last like normal sealants.

It's hard to explain but "top up" sprays are fine to use over wax, just think of them as quick detailers with a little protection. :)

Bumder With A Buffer
Z6/Z8 is for heroes.

But genuine question why would you top a wax with Z8? You would be aswell as just forgetting the wax and using Z8 every week.

I dont use it every week..after a month or so to help protection before waxing again. FK425 is my preferred QD as VFM. I have used Z6 and can honestly say I did not notice any difference between the 2 of them.

Genuine question.

Correct if am wrong I thought Z8 was a sealant spray? So topping a wax with a sealant is the wrong way round is it not?

Thats what I thought ^ I am confused.

Lolssss!

Okay you're using the right thought process but it's not a sealant as such it's a top up product. So by using Z8 RM you're only topping the wax with a sacrifical layer.

If you top a wax with an actual sealant then it's going to affect the durability of the product. RM and Z8 aren't supposed to last like normal sealants.

It's hard to explain but "top up" sprays are fine to use over wax, just think of them as quick detailers with a little protection. :)

What he said.

Edit oh also red mist is terrible. The "tropical" version is supposed to be better though I have never used it myself.